Jonathan To Flag Off Reconstruction Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway On Friday

President-Goodluck-Jonathan-for-the-revocation-of-Lagos-Ibadan-Expressway-contract.-600x450The Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, on Tuesday said President Goodluck Jonathan, would on Friday launch the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

Onolememen announced the planned inauguration by the President at a meeting with a delegation of the Association of Luxury Bus Owners of Nigeria (ALBON) in Abuja.

The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that the concession of the 178-kilometre road, which was granted Bi-Courtney Highway Services Limited, was earlier this year terminated by the Federal Government.

The Government had alleged that the company failed to honour the terms of the concession agreement.

A fresh contract for the reconstruction of the expressway was subsequently awarded to Julius Berger Nigeria Plc for the Lagos – Shagamu interchange end of the expressway.

RCC Nigeria Limited is also expected to handle the Shagamu – Ibadan axis of the expressway.

The minister said the project had been awarded and the government was ready to see it completed in record time.

“The Lagos/Ibadan Expressway project as you know has been awarded and work will soon commence on it.

“However, may I use this opportunity to let you know that President Goodluck Jonathan will inaugurate the reconstruction.”

1 Comment

  • HE DEY LOOK FOR SUPPORTERS, MUMU. HE DON DEY SEE THE END OF HIM TERM. UNA SIDE NO GO EVER RULE US AGAIN LAI LAI. NA OGOGORO AND PALM WINE UNA SABI DRINK

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *