Man Allegedly Tortures Son To Death, Buries Corpse In Front Of House In Lagos


The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 34-year-old man, Arogundade Ahmed for allegedly flogging his son to death.

Arogundade, on June 27, 2013, reportedly tortured his 13-year-old son, Qudus, to death because he broke into someone’s house and attempted to steal.

Arogundade was said to have killed his son in the presence of his little sister, Sherifat.

After allegedly killing the teenager, who was an apprentice at a mechanic workshop in the area, Arogundade dug a grave and buried him in front of his house in Alogba Estate area of Ikorodu.

According to PUNCH Metro, who is reporting the story, Qudus broke into the house of one Apoti Lateef in an attempt to steal but was caught and handed over to his master, Idowu Gabriel, by the house owner.

The deceased was tied up and handed over to his father, who took him home and punished him by flogging him with barbwire, sticks and other objects for about five hours.

As the beating continued, Qudus started getting weak and later died.

According to eyewitnesses, on seeing that Qudus had given up the ghost, Arogundade, who was described by neighbours and Chairman, Alogba Estate and Palapo Town Community Development Association, Mr. Agboola Aluko, as hot tempered and a terror to the community, called a grave digger to bury his son.

The traditional leader of the community, Oludapo Sule, said he reported the matter to the police as well as members of the Oodua People’s Congress, who were able to arrest Arogundade at midnight and handed him to the police authorities.

Sule however urged the police to ensure that Qudus’ corpse was exhumed and given proper burial.

In his defence, Arogundade said he did not kill his son; saying he was merely beaten after he was accosted for stealing.

However, the police statement on the incident read in part, “Upon his arrest, Arogundade said he did not kill his son. He said he (Qudus) was almost dead when Lateef and Gabriel handed him over. He said his son died soon after and then buried his corpse in front of his house and went to bed.

The police source said, “We have also arrested Lateef and Gabriel but they claimed they only tied up the boy and did not kill him. Investigations are ongoing.”

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *