Moyes Keeps Tabs on Fabregas, Says Kagawa Would Be Impressive.

David Moyes at a New Conference in Osaka, Japan.
David Moyes at a New Conference in Osaka, Japan.

David Moyes insists Manchester United will not give up the chase for Cesc Fabregas and has predicted a better outing for Japanese midfielder Shinji Kagawa in the upcoming seasons.

So far, United’s improved £30m plus add-ons bid for the former Arsenal man has failed to entice Barcelona so also the initial offer.

However, the 50-year-old Scotsman confirmed on Thursday that he is still targeting the 26-year-old as his first signing since taking over as manager at Old Trafford.

When asked if there was any update on the Premier League champions’ attempt to snap up Barcelona’s Fabregas at a news conference in Osaka, Japan, Moyes said: “Things are ongoing.”

Meanwhile, the manager believes Kagawa will play a significant part in his plans during the 2013/14 campaign. The 24-year-old Japan international will be lining up against his former club Cerezo Osaka in a pre-season friendly on Friday, after coming on as a second half substitute in United’s 3-2 loss to Yokohama F. Marinos on Tuesday.

Kagawa Was a Second-Half Substitute Against Yokohama F. Marinos.
Kagawa Was a Second-Half Substitute Against Yokohama F. Marinos.

Moyes said: “Sir Alex (Ferguson) spoke in glowing terms about him. He’s an exciting young player. He had his first season last year and we’re hoping for big things from him.”

Reports suggest Kagawa’s former club, Borussia Dortmund, are keen on re-signing the midfielder, who joined United 13 months ago. Coupled with some series of criticism from the Old Trafford faithful for the midfielder in his first season, Moyes, moreover, sees a fans favourite in Kagawa- whose link up play with Wayne Rooney has been quite promising.

“I’m sure he will play a big part this season. He’s a big talent and hopefully one that will develop and improve over the coming seasons.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here