United Rejects Chelsea’s £10m Plus Mata or Luiz For Rooney.

United Dismiss Chelsea's Opening Offer For Rooney.
United Dismiss Chelsea’s Opening Offer For Rooney.

David Moyes’ major concern has been closing up the gap in Manchester United’d midfield, but Wayne Rooney has been a pain in the Scot’s ass.

Earlier today (Wednesday), Daily Mail reported that United have turned down the prospect of having either Spanish midfielder Juan Mata or Brazilian defender David Luiz in a player-plus-cash deal that will have Roman Abramovich cough out £10m from the club’s earnings.

After the news broke out, many were left in awe while United fans chose to be skeptical over the report, before Chelsea confirmed making a bid but denied offering Mata and Luiz, in part exchange.

They released a statement, expressing their disappointment that the news had leaked out, saying: “Chelsea can confirm that yesterday (Tuesday) it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney.

“Although the terms of that offer are confidential, for the avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is apparently being briefed to the press in Sydney, the proposed purchase does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United,” the statement from Chelsea added.

Reports last night had suggested that Rooney remains angered and confused about his position at Old Trafford, after Moyes hinted the 27-year-old will have to fight for a regular position.

With two years left in his present contract, United’s dismissal of Chelsea’s opening offer means Rooney’s woes have been intensified coupled with a hamstring injury that forced him out of the club’s pre-season tour, back to England.

Speaking with BBC in Bangkok yesterday (Tuesday), Mourinho reiterated his admiration for the Rooney, as Chelsea seek to land a top class striker after missing out on Radamel Falcao and Edinson Cavani this summer.

The Portuguese believes a lack of playing time for Rooney poses a problem for England manager Roy Hodgson ahead of next year’s World Cup in Brazil.

“If Wayne is a second choice for Manchester United, then the national team will be affected,” Mourinho said.

Rooney believes the time is right for him to quit Old Trafford after nine successful seasons and has held talks with club officials to hammer home his point.

But Moyes doesn’t want to “speak double Dutch” by not wavering from the club’s stance that “Wayne is not for sale.”

Meanwhile the manager’s utterances to Sunday newspaper journalists on the club’s pre-season tour in Bangkok last week is believed to have angered the England international, when he said:

“Overall my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him. I want as many options as possible.”

Second-fiddle! Rooney does not want to play that. Yet the club has rejected Chelsea’s £10m plus two players thought to be either Mata, who could solve United’s midfield woes and David Luiz, a versatile defender.

Maybe an out-of-England club will do for United. Real Madrid and Barcelona have already been discussed as the best possible scenario for a Rooney transfer.

One thing is for sure, United will not offer Rooney a new contract this summer, the club wants him to work it out.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *