IROKO Partners was launched in December 2010 and our Brands include:
* iROKOtv.com, iROKING.com, iROKtv, NollywoodLove (Youtube) and YorubaLove (Youtube)
– We are the largest distributors of Nigerian music + movies globally online
– We have aggressively protected the industry from piracy
– IROKO Partners is the largest licensee of Nollywood movies with over 1,900 titles in our library
– We are Africa’s largest content partners on YouTube and Dailymotion – both in revenue, unique viewers and monthly views. in 2011 we generated 152Million views
– Our brands attract 7 Million unique viewers from 178 countries
– Our music our movie brands generate >25 million views per month on YouTube and Dailymotion
– We are experts on YouTube and super-distributed African content and have a dedicated work force of 80 gurus in Anthony Lagos and Clarkenwell London
– We have been covered by numerous media outlets from FT, CNN, The Sunday Times, CNBC Africa, NN24, New York Times, Techcrunch, Wall Street Journel, Vice, Techloy, 234Next and many many more.
Job Title: Video Editor
iROKOtv.com is looking for an experienced and talented video editor to join our team in Lagos starting immediately. The editor would ideally have gained some experience working for an entertainment/media firm in Nigeria. We are ultimately looking for the best candidate to be primary editor for our production unit’s content and to help us restructure and streamline our editing output, so to propel our group to the next level of content creation as it relates to post-production. Please note that the candidate must provide us with a production reel of his or her work in order to be considered for this specific job along with references.
· MUST be a creative thinker and have demonstrated ability in adding value to video content
· MUST have expertise working with Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro, at least
· MUST have knowledge working with additional editing software, such as Magic Bullet and After Affects
· MUST have work experience editing films and television series
· Ability to offer creative and technical input to expand on ideas from production team and biz development group when necessary
· Strong creative tastes and sensibilities, as demonstrated by creative reel
· Knowledge of all aspects of editing video content, including but not limited to adding special effects, graphics, animation, art work, etc.
· Knowledge of editing DVDs, including knowledge of making menus, creating chapters, etc.
· Knowledge of different audiovisual file formats
Desired Skills & Experience
The qualities we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Certification is desirable though NOT NECESSARY
· At least 5 – 7 Years Experience editing various forms of content including music videos, films, television series and advertising spots
· Experience working with and meeting deadlines
· Innovative and lives for creative work
· Does well working independently
· Excellent communicator, as it relates to expressing one’s own ideas on editing
· Ability to work under pressure
· Extremely detail-oriented
· Able to think and plan strategically