Cameron (NYSE:CAM) is a leading provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to worldwide oil, gas and process industries. Leveraging its global manufacturing, sales and service network, Cameron’s 11 operating divisions work with drilling contractors, oil & gas producers, pipeline operators, refiners and other process owners to control, direct, adjust, process, measure and compress pressures and flows.
The company generates annual bookings in excess of $8 billion with more than 24,000 employees at more than 250 locations around the world. Cameron is headquartered in Houston, Texas and derives approximately 2/3 of its business from outside the United States.
To provide quantity survey/cost control support to Erha North Phase 2 Project Management team with a view to reducing variation cost from 3rd party fabrication
- Responsible for cost monitoring and control, checking and certifying fabrication sub-contractor estimates change order and additional work estimates/costing;
- Strategizing and negotiating VORS and any cost adjustments; Preparation of final quantity settlement and generating cost report for project closed out.
- Through the life of the project, fabrication subcontractor will claim and file for additional cost for change in scope of work referencing provision of the contract. It will be the responsibility of successful QS to validate these claims using available tools within the contract to ensure the claims are valid and identifying on time where savings can be made to avoid such technically where possible.
- Support site manager and PMT for directing the day to day work including subcontract works to optimal complete scope of work in the most efficient and cost effective manner
- Manage the commercial and contractual risk aspects of outsourced project scope to meet overall project requirements including schedule, cost, and quality goals.
- Monitor fabrication subcontractor process and procedures to maximize Cameron’s opportunities to improve margin and reduce risk.
- Support commercial performance for the contract and sub contract scope including risk mitigation, change management and overall profitability.
- Effectively negotiate on behalf of Cameron and the Erha North Phase 2 Project during Vendor and/or Client commercial interactions.
- Ensure lessons learnt from other projects are implemented to avoid VORs from fabrication subcontractor. Ensure same a closed out and filed for implementation on future projects.
- Provide risk assessment and recommendations regarding complex contractual risk issues with fabrication sub-contractor with a view to mitigating same.
- Other duties as may be assigned during project execution
Other miscellaneous clerical duties as assigned by the project team, including but not limited to assisting Project Managers with reducing and where possible eliminating variation orders from fabrication subcontractor
Desired Skills & Experience
- Cost and Contract Management experience in Oil & Gas. Must have performed role as Contract Engineer, Quantity Surveyor, Cost Engineer and Estimator on various engineering & construction projects
- Experience in administration of international Contracts & Subcontracts during execution phase for Oil & Gas – for EPC & Subcontractor clients
- Cost Management capabilities on cost control & monitoring – managing all invoices, claims, variations, procedures and milestone progress.
- Familiar with International Method of Measurements and have understanding on tendering & procurement procedures for projects in Africa
- Strong command in verbal and written communication both technical and non-technical. Innate ability to identify potential problems and propose a solution as well as a quality and safety conscious individual.
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline
- Professional qualification in quantity surveying and or cost control will be added advantage
- Computer use and versatility
- Use of planning and cost control software will be added advantage
Critical Competencies: Indicate the key competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities) the jobholder would be expected to demonstrate for optimum performance in the position.
Company Competencies; Position Competencies
° Project Cost Control
° Detailed Estimating and Costing
° Cost Reporting / Cost Management
° Claims Review and dispositioning
° Measuring and Evaluating Contractor Performance
° Cost Estimating
° Contract Administration
° Contract and Tender strategies
° Contracts Engineering