British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
The TaO Area implementation PMO is responsible for:
- Contribute as part of the local TaO Project Team to the successful outcomes of the project, working closely with project team members to clearly understand and anticipate project/business needs, continuously seeking opportunities to raise quality standards and minimise lead times.
- Provision of a controlled PRINCE 2 based environment for creation and management of plans, reports, global/regional products
- Management of any project reporting required/agreed by the TaO Area, Regional and Global team.
- Management/delivery/assistance with any management products (e.g. Project Brief, PID, Risks/Issues Logs, etc.).
- Project logistics arrangements
- Ensure that there is ONE integrated project plan for the Area (as defined by the Regional Planning Policy).
- Pro-actively highlight any threats to delivery against the PID and/or any threats to critical path activities.
- Collect actual costs to date and generate estimated costs to completion for each project phase
- Assist with the collection current status updates from team members and administration of the project plan.
- Administer the issue and risk registers, and ensure relevant items from Regional-Global Risk and Issue reviews are entered into the Global Risks & Issues log and tracked.
- Administer project meetings as required. Ensure minutes are recorded and issued for all project meetings.
- Assist with compilation of reports.
- Ensure that all contributors to the project plan and its status updates are aware of their responsibilities.
- Manage the project planning policy and its adherence.
- Manage the Project Plan and ensure it is kept up to date (as per the Planning Policy).
- Keep the Risks and Issues Logs current.
- Ensure that the Regional Implementation Lead and/or any of their team are kept aware of any concerns on the plan, tasks or del iverables.
- Ensure that the critical path is always clearly identifiable and known to anyone who owns tasks on the critical path.
- Ensure that the Regional Reporting requirements are understood within the project team and reporting timelines are met.
- Administer Change Control of project documents. Set up and maintain project files.
- Establish document control procedures. Compile, copy and distribute all project management products.
- Administer the Quality Review process.
- Establish a strong relationship with the Area and Regional Project Team and any end market extended team members.
- Liaise with external planning and PMO experts in order to leverage external expertise appropriately
- Look for any opportunities to shorten/assure on time delivery of critical path activities.
- Support change management initiatives
Key Success Factors
- Ensure products are delivered within tolerance of agreed time, cost & quality parameters and satisfy the defined project expectations All Risks and Issues are identified, assigned and tracked.
- Area TaO Lead
- Area TaO Team
- Global and Regional Leads
- Regional TaO Deployment Planning Leads
- Regional TaO PMO
- BAT personnel involved with the delivery of the project (e.g. Operations, Finance, Business Services, Marketing, HR, CORA, etc..)
- Executive assistants
- TaO business partners, consultants & contractors
- Event suppliers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of project management and specifically ERP enabled change across major organisations.
- Prince 2 certification would be a strong advantage.
- MS Project skills will be essential.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong PMO skills are vital in the role and the role holder would be expected to be an especially strong in the disciplines and with the tools that would be used in this field.
- MS Excel & Powerpoint skills
Working at BAT
- British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
- Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
- If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
- British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)