Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Global Power Company is accepting online applications for the position of Engineering Manager – Power Projects located in Lagos, Nigeria through September 4, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron Global Power actively participates in the development of Power Generation Projects across different Chevron business units. The Engineering Manager will be seconded into the Nigeria-Mid Africa business unit to lead the technical development of the AGURA IPP Project.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage the detail Engineering design for Power plant, Gas pipeline, Transmission line and substation expansion works
- Ensure the Project major equipment purchase orders are in line with the requirements in the Project Specifications
- implement all relevant VIP, Best practices and lessons learned
- Implement and lead the IIF culture development in the associated detailed design offices
- Work with external stakeholders (partners, regulatory agencies, etc) to ensure timely approvals of project documents, permits and licenses
- Work with Asset Management/Operation Assurance group to ensure integration of Operations Input into the detail design
- Manage the Cost and Schedule for the Engineering effort, plan actively to mitigate overruns
- Provide field engineering support to relevant teams during the construction and commissioning periods
- Provide active mentoring to Engineers on the projectRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of related engineering experience.
- Project Engineering Expertise – From conceptual design to detailed engineering and construction field engineering support
- FEED and detailed Engineering experience on gas and steam turbine based power generation equipment. General understanding of Power Generation Plants from a design and operating perspective.
- Demonstrated Project Management Knowledge (CPDEP)
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and consult project teams throughout Chevron Companies (PRC, ETC)
- Understanding of project development and execution processes.
- Ability to apply Business/Contractual concepts to problems and develop solutions
- Strong interpersonal relationship builder, communicator, and customer focused
- Experience of working on a Power Plant major capital project in the EPC execution phase
- Required experience supporting conceptual design of Power Generation Plants and working knowledge of tools and processes associated with project development.Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of Chevron EPC ContractsRelocation Options:
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will be considered.