G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
To assist the Project Manager to manage the site by being in charge of a G4S Corporate Customer, and efficient deployment of personnel.
Kindly note, by registering your details for this Expression of Interest Role you indicate your interest in a potential, future relevant role with G4S and that this is not an active vacancy.
The Guard Force Commander position shall be required in Abuja and Lagos. On a daily basis, the Contractor will analyze the operational security environment throughout region, country and the city and work closely with the Project Manager to ensure Post’s security posture and countermeasures are commensurate with the overall threat to the prospective client’s mission and personnel.
- Supervising the guard force that provides protection to all contract facilities;
- Preparing guard orders, deployment of guards and weekly scheduling;
- Conduct muster;
- Conducting regular inspections of guards and guard posts;
- Investigating irregularities, maintain inventory reports;
- Preparing reports and making recommendations regarding discipline and termination actions;
- Overseeing the refresher training program to ensure compliance and effectiveness;
- Overseeing guard program logistics including, e.g., explosive detection and x-ray equipment;
- Acting as a point of contact with the /Local Guard (LG) Coordinator on operational guard force matters;
- Ensure all guards are properly uniformed, equipped and staffed per client and G4S requirements
- Plan, coordinate and lead LGF during integrated training and emergency response drills
Desired Skills and Experience
The Ideal Candidate:
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience as a non-commissioned officer in the military, police or similar guard force with proven experience in leadership roles is required.
- A minimum of (3) years experience working in Africa is required.
- The GFC shall demonstrate good command of English at the S5/R5 level.
- GFC shall be computer literate to a basic level, that is, able to write basic reports, Standard Operational Procedures, and email.
- Advanced security training and experience with risk management including problem identification and problem solving required.
- Must be licenced to drive in Nigeria