Yobe School Attack: Death Toll Rises To 40

boko-haram-group

Death toll in the Yobe college attack has risen to 40, according to a hospital source.

Boko Haram gunmen on Sunday opened fire in a college dormitory in Yobe as the students slept, killing at least 40 people, in the latest violence blamed on the Islamist insurgents.

The early morning assault targeted the College of Agriculture in the town of Gujba, some 30 kilometres (18 miles) from Damaturu’s capital of Yobe, said area military spokesman Lazarus Eli.

“Boko Haram terrorists went into the school and opened fire on students” while they were sleeping, he told AFP.

An official at the Damaturu Specialist Hospital, who requested anonymity, said ” 40 bodies” had been received so far from the Gujba massacre. [AFP]

2 Comments

  • IT IS EVIDENT NOW..ITS NOT BY HUMAN POWER TO CURB THE INCESSANT AND UNTIMELY KILLINGS THAT AS PLAGUED THIS NATIONS IN RECENT TIMES…WE PRAY FOR DIVINE INTERVENTION IN THIS SITUATION..JER 10..23..

  • Having tried all possible physical means and no solution,the northeners should seek traditonal African power Boko Haram will cease to exit

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *