When it comes with dumping someone the ways are endless. The problem comes with finding the best way.
In the dating world there are, and will always be, break-ups. Whether you are online dating, or conventionally dating, you’ll probably experience a break-up in your life. “Nearly one-third of all Americans have experienced a breakup in the past ten years” (Fetto, 2003). Most people who date experience several breakups in their life, most of which are difficult. It doesn’t matter how many breakups someone goes through, they usually don’t get any easier, and sometimes they even get harder.
Breakups are hard on the dumpee, and sometimes even the dumper.
1) Text message or email. Send a short text message establishing the end of the relationship. “Approximately 48% of online daters reported that their breakups occurred via email” (Evans, 2009)
2) Over the phone. Dumping someone over the phone or through a voicemail message.
3) Through Social Media. Through social media posts, private message, or simply by changing “in a relationship” status to “single”.
4) Have someone else do it. Have a friend or roommate relay the breakup message.
5) Introducing the replacement. Dumping someone by introducing their replacement.
6) Pushing away or playing games. Pushing someone away or playing guessing games such as 20 questions or a treasure hunt.
7) Newspaper add. Placing a personal break-up add in the newspaper.