The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking a Permanent Project Manager. This position is a multi-national one; Open to both National and Non-national of Nigeria.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The AUN Construction project manager will be responsible for daily supervising and coordinating general and or specific construction activity, monitor and reviews contractors’ + subcontractor’s work as to budget and schedule plus direct activities of architects/engineers and informs the Executive Director of Construction of status.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Construction Science, Construction Management and/or Architecture from an accredited university. Master’s Degree a Plus
- 10 to 15 years’ experience as a Project Manager and /or Construction Manager on large projects. Experience in civil structures, infrastructure, institutional buildings, etc. Verified Experience with Western/European standards and finishes in the US/Middle East/Europe.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer spreadsheet and word processing skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage contractual and payment process/files.
Desired Skills and Experience
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to read and interpret detailed construction drawings and specifications plus communicate with the team professionals.
- Ability to determine time, place and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; execute and/or report on events
- Ability to mediate disputes and interpret the intent of the contract documents.
- Ability to adapt to Northern Nigerian environment, culture and climate.
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Applies principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule forms.
- Ability to calculate surfaces, volumes, weights and measures.
- Reads and interprets manuals, research/instructional reports, safety rules, and methods plus procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work.
Experience in multi-cultural/mutli-religion teams.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.