At Roche, 82,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Heading Roche Pharma operations in Nigeria, you are ensuring strong business performance, while fostering a robust in-country organization, delivering solid business growth and leading in compliance with global & local regulations, Roche strategy, vision & values.
Acting as thought leader, living Roche leadership commitments, your main responsibilities are:
- Ensuring strong corporate governance and exceeding budget targets though excellence in infrastructure management and full P&L ownership
- Steering local strategic direction and providing tactical inputs in line with corporate objectives for solid and sustainable business performance while maximizing corporate interests and promoting patient care
- Proactively shaping up local market landscape by strengthening brand presence & market access through influence, excellent stakeholder relationships and close interaction with Regional Office and HQ
- Fostering a high performing organization focused on performance driven culture, people engagement, talent management, high customer and business objectives
- Taking leading part in the implementation of major projects and initiatives at local, regional, corporate level; building competitive knowledge for growing further business development and partnership opportunities
- Playing a critical role in ensuring compliance with local and corporate requirements and promoting ethical behavior & integrity.
Desired Skills and Experience
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- 5 years of sales and marketing experience within Pharmaceutical industry
- 3 years of P&L exposure in roles involving successful sales & marketing governance
- Previous experience as Country Manager is preferred; exposure in global/strategic marketing would be a strong asset
- High calibre leadership track record, living & demonstrating Roche leadership commitments; excellent coaching skills and proven developer of talent
- Prior exposure in steering effective business planning processes, including implementation of set plans, ambitious goals & metrics
- Proven record of ensuring strong financial governance and consistency in exceeding financial and high performance targets; high collaboration approach within the CM/Senior Management network and HQ
- Excellent people management experience in grooming successful teams and fostering a transparent working environment focused on talent growth and career development
- Excellent command of English
- Non-resident would require approval by Nigerian immigration authority.