Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the “prime driver in an all-communicating world” through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the marketing function in sub-Saharan Africa in line with the Group marketing strategy and Regional Growth plan.
Responsibility and authority
- To oversee the Marketing function in the Region
- Develop and implement marketing plan to drive the global marketing strategy as well as Regional growth plan.
- Drive alignment with the various Units in the Region, GF and Business Units.
- Drive market category growth and facilitate leads generation
- Drive brand, category, experience and product marketing in alignment with the EP, CUs and Communication.
- Drive all the marketing customer engagement and manage single point of contact for the CUs
- Management of responsibilities in accordance with directives from GF Marketing. Leads the development and implementation of the Regional Marketing plan.
Delegation of responsibility
- Responsibility delegation is driven by regional directives or the Head of Strategy and Marketing.
Interface, contacts and co-operation
- Regional LT
- Market and industry players (i.e. new business actors, key influencers)
- Regional Industry analysts
- Regional Management Team
- Customer Units
- Group Functions
- Engagement Practices
Master’s degree in related fields (MBA, MSc or similar).
- Significant experience (> 10 years) relevant for driving marketing strategy development and execution, and business development across a region
- Significant telecom industry experience and experience in areas with regional growth potential. Experience in related industries such as media, ICT and consumer electronics is desirable.
- Proven and solid general management background with strong business acumen and experience in senior positions in an international environment
- Demonstrated background of delivering of marketing interventions that created business impact.
Skills and Competence:
- Ability to develop and drive change to execute on business objectives.
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills with proven capability to motivate and develop a team to success.
- Possess a sound business sense and a strong ability to think strategically.
- Proven ability to drive change, strategy execution and inspire innovative strategic and marketing initiatives.
- Excellent communication and value argumentation skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build trust in external engagements.
- Strong planning, delivery and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful and result-oriented.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.