Ekiti: 792 Council Workers May Lose September Salary Over Absenteeism

Must Read

COVID-19: Niger Relaxes Curfew; Asks Civil Servants To Resume

 Niger state government has asked the state civil servant to resume work and also announced a relaxation of the...

Lockdown: Reps Seek 2-Month Free Power Supply To Nigerians

The speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila has announced that the lower chamber is currently proposing a...

Coronavirus: CONCACAF Nations League Finals Postponed

The region governing body of CONCACAF Nations League has announced that the competition finals scheduled to be staged in...

Coronavirus: ‘Lockdown In Lagos May Be Extended’ – Sanwo-Olu

The 14-day lockdown currently being observed in Lagos may be extended, according to the Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. The...

Floyd Mayweather’s Daughter Arrested For Allegedly Stabbing NBA Youngboy’s Babymama

Floyd Mayweather's daughter Iyanna ' Yaya' Mayweather has been arrested.According to reports, the 19-year-old is in police custody after...

EkitiStateMap

About 792 loval government council workers in Ekiti state may lose their September salary.

Disclosing this why speaking to newsmen at his office in Ado-Ekiti, Wednesday, the Chairman of the state Local Government Service Commission (LGSC), Mr. Ranti Adebisi said, the figure represented those who were not on found their duty posts.

He said the affected officers were absent when the task force set up by the government to authenticate the actual number of staff at council areas arrived at their respective council areas.

Adebisi, who dismissed the rumour that the figure were those to be sacked said the government had no intention to sack any staff at the councils.

“There is no truth in the rumour that this commission is about to sack 800 council workers. There is a biometric team that has been going on and monitoring the attendance of workers to determine ghost workers in the local governments. But I have not recommended that those affected should be sacked,” he said.

According to Adebisi, what the committee recommended was that the salaries of those affected should be suspended until we can clarify whether they are workers of the local government.

He, however, added that his commission had setup another committee to revalidate the lists within three days.

“The commission has requested that all the affected officers should report at the commission clarification. We just want to discover why they were not on duty posts at the various times that the team visited,” he said.

Displaying the committee’s report, Adebisi said it had since been signed by the state Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

He also dismissed the allegation that those to be punished were the ones who participated in the September rally organised by a gubernatorial aspirant, Hon. Michael Bamidele.

“He said names of those affected had been displayed at the various council areas because we don’t want people who are not affected to be worried. The DAs, the NULGE chairman were party to the list, they helped us to compile the lists. So, if anybody is talking about MOB (acronym for Bamidele), that person is economical with the truth because he has no bearing with me,” he said.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -