Once you find your signature shade of bold lipstick, the world better watch out! However, there are a few choice times when bold lipstick can get in the way of life. To help you decide on when to wear and when to ditch bold lipstick, we give you this list of six times to swipe it on.
1. When You’re Wearing Glasses: Though eye makeup with glasses might be a bit tricky, lipstick can be your best friend when it comes to standing out in your spectacles. We especially love the look above, but you can wear the look year-round with colors like coral, fuchsia and wine.
2. Heading to Brunch With the Girls: If brunch isn’t the time to test drive some beauty trends, we don’t know what is. We suggest taking a new lipstick out for its maiden voyage and getting the straight scoop from your friends on whether it’s hot or horrible.
3. That Presentation at Work or School: Lipstick is a known confidence booster, so if you need an extra nudge when it comes to public speaking, go for a powerful shade of lipstick (we suggest a rich red).
4. Going on a Third Date: On a first date, there are a few things to avoid. Namely, having lipstick on your teeth, and looking like you’re high maintenance. If you never leave the house without lipstick, go ahead and swipe it on, but stick to quieter, more neutral shades until you’re on solid footing with your date. If you’re going anywhere eating is involved, worry about one less thing by avoiding a hot pink mess on your face.
5. Visiting Your Family Back Home: When you move out of your house to pursue your dreams, there’s something about going back home to visit that makes you want to look your best. Call it wanting to show mom and dad that you’re doing well, but considering how fantastic lipstick can make you look, we say apply away!
6. On Your Wedding Day: Is there anything more chic than a classic bride wearing a retro red lip? We think not, and as long as your lipstick stays put and won’t transfer onto your dress, you’ll be looking at your wedding photos in 20 years not regretting it one bit.