A list of the most powerful couples in the world has emerged.
According to Vanity Fair’s ‘New Establishment’ for 2013, Jay Z and Beyonce are the No.1 power couple in America, beating the Obama’s to the top position.
The entertainment duo of Jay Z and Beyonce who were ranked number 8 last year and are now number 1 in the U.S this year.
This development is majorly due to Jay Z’s new album, Magna Carter Holy Grail, which went double platinum and Beyonce’s Super Bowl halftime performance, plus selling out her world tour and releasing a documentary about her life on HBO.
See Vanity Fair’s top 25 New Establishment ranking for 2013 below
1. Jay Z & Beyonce, musicians
2. Michael Bloomberg, New York City mayor
3. Brian Roberts & Steve Burke, Comcast
4. Bob Iger, The Walt Disney Company
5. Rupert Murdoch, 21st Century Fox
6. Jimmy Iovine & Dr Dre, Beats Electronics
7. David Zaslav, Discovery Communications
8. Jill Abramson, editor of The New York Times
9. Jenna Lyons, J. Crew creative director
10. Harvey & Bob Weinstein, The Weinstein Company
11. Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert, Comedy Central
12. Robert Thomson, News Corp
13. JJ Abrams, Filmmaker
14. Lionel Barber, Financial Times
15. Matt Drudge, Drudge Report
16. Michael Kors, Michael Kors Holdings
17. Len Blavatnik, Access Industries
18. Laurene Powell Jobs, Emerson Collective
19. Tory Burch, designer
20. Jon Feltheimer, Lionsgate
21. Peter Chernin, The Chernin Group
22. Trey Parker & Matt Stone, Important Studios
23. Mike Allen, Politico
24. Ben Affleck, actor and director
25. Tim Armstrong & Ariana Huffington, AOL