Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
- Under the guidance & direction of the Marketing Head for Sub Sahara Africa, this position is responsible for the end-to-end planning, implementation and execution of the marketing strategy for Nigeria and associated geographies. This covers all business priorities; including XBorder, Premium, Client marketing, etc. as well as Visa brand management for the geography.
- Identify opportunities in the market through tracking of key payment trends, cardholder behavior, etc, and evaluate them to create strategic recommendations for future business propositions.
- Develop and implement integrated marketing campaigns and programs to build the Visa brand and achieve agreed geography marketing and business objectives. Also, provide strategic advice and implementation support to the Head of Marketing.
- Partner with merchants and clients in the region & work with both internal and external stakeholders to develop joint marketing campaigns.
Develop marketing strategies and plans for the geography, that address key market opportunities or needs
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement strategic marketing and communication plans designed to meet client and market requirements.
- Manage the allocated budget for the geographies and ensure all marketing activity is performed within agreed parameters.
- Assist with the identification and analysis of card payment trends, market opportunities, cardholder behavior and evaluate their value and viability within the marketing plan in order to make strategic recommendations on future business direction.
- Continually monitor existing and potential competitor marketing activities to identify new opportunities or highlight potential causes for business concern. Feedback and update all staff as appropriate and recommend strategies and solutions
- Establish strong partnerships with internal teams to assist in the delivery of marketing initiatives within the geography and add value to pursuit of profitable business opportunities.
Implement all marketing activities in the geographies
- Deliver a comprehensive plan for all Marketing support & communications activity across the geographies in alignment with overall Marketing and partner function plans. Ensuring that the plan identifies and addresses the client/market/Visa International business opportunities and needs.
- Manage the overall implementation of the marketing initiatives as per Marketing plan in order to achieve Marketing and business objectives.
- Contribute to the identification of new market opportunities that will increase services to clients, merchants and cardholders and increase the value of the Visa brand.
- Effectively manage all stakeholders responsible for the successful implementation of an activity including agencies, suppliers, merchants and clients and others as appropriate. Ensure key stakeholders are fully informed of all Marketing activities.
- Brief local creative, digital and media agencies and third party suppliers, manage their activities effectively ensuring efficient delivery of agreed plans and contractual obligations.
- Adapt and develop global and regional Marketing initiatives to address local market opportunities or needs, ensure relevance and to be effective within specific markets.
- Support the activation of global sponsorship and product platform initiatives across SSA at local level.
Provision of client coop marketing support
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement strategic marketing and communication plans around client support activities that address key market revenue opportunities and needs
- Work with Sales and other relevant partner functions to influence and gain the support and commitment of targeted Members to involve Visa in their card marketing planning processes. Identify those client-led initiatives that provide opportunity for Visa to contribute to financially, negotiating the financial terms and conditions of such participation
- Deliver a comprehensive plan for all client marketing activity in line with the marketing plan, ensuring alignment to strategic priorities.
- Actively sell-in Visa sponsorship properties and other programs/product platforms (including Olympics, FIFA events) to clients to ensure high level of participation. Manage client activation against such properties to ensure adherence to Visa and partner brand standards, toolkits and creative treatments
- Act as principal point of contact for client marketing teams in respect of Visa-led initiatives/properties and client-led initiatives contributed to by Visa.
- Provide professional marketing advice and consultancy to clients on a planned and ad hoc basis covering both strategic and tactical marketing activity aspects.
- Represent the Visa Marketing team at client quarterly reviews and regular marketing meetings. Co-ordinate periodic marketing forums within geography as required.
- Work with clients to track, measure and understand the commercial benefits associated with specific client marketing support activities. Refine the size, scope of client marketing initiatives in light of such findings to maximize return for Visa
- Manage the overall integrated budget plan processes for Marketing spend in the geographies, liaising with Finance partners to ascertain spend against forecasts. Provide Head of Marketing with timely updates and status on marketing budget position on monthly basis.
- Take responsibility for market research activity within the hub. Suggest new market research projects to provide information for the development and enhancement of the marketing programs.
- Act as the Visa brand guardian by ensuring all activities comply with brand guidelines and ensure all global Marketing policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Share best practice and successful programs within Visa Marketing community.
- Excellent performance in marketing management and sales (at least 8 years experience at Marketing / Product Manager level)
- Proven relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Advertising and PR agency management skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Retail banking/Cards marketing experience a strong advantage