Former NFF secretary general Taiwo Ogunjobi has congratulated Nigeria Under-20 striker Olarenwaju Kayode over a verdict passed by the world football governing body, permitting the player to continue his career.
Kayode was freed from the tentacles of Ivoirian club ASEC Mimosas, which had scuppered the Nigerians loan move to Israel, by Fifa, after confirming the former have no interest in the player.
Fifa, thereafter, ordered the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to registered Kayode with Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) outfit Heartland.
Meanwhile, a panel, which Ogunjobi termed political, had earlier been constituted by the Aminu Maigari-led NFF to probe the ex-NFF top shot over his involvement in the transfer logjam.
Speaking with MTNFootball.com, Ogunjobi expressed his profound happiness over the provisional clearance granted the Flying Eagles striker by a Single Judge of the Fifa committee on players’ transfer.
“I am happy for Kayode and congratulate him that he can now continue with his career after Fifa ordered NFF to issue a provisional clearance to him for Heartland,” Ogunjobi told MTNFootball.com.
“I say congratulations to you once again, he should face his career and never allow people to use him against his fellow human beings especially someone who helped him. I wish him well.”
Fifa freed the Nigeria youth international from ASEC Mimosas, which they discovered, after thorough investigation do not want to hold on to the player anymore.
The ex-NFF scribe maintained that the Fifa verdict has “vindicated” him.
“I have a copy of the Fifa Single Judge five-page document which was sent to me by ASEC Mimosas. I have the document and nowhere on the five-page document was Ogunjobi mentioned.
“Fifa stated there that ASEC don’t want to hold on to Kayode as I said earlier, the provisional clearance was ordered to be issued and compensation for ASEC will be worked out,” he added.
“NFF just want to rope me in which is political because of my ambition but I have been vindicated.
“I will release the document to Nigeria journalists on Monday to see the fact and what was in the Single Judge verdict.”