Within the last seven years, Enersense International has gained detailed knowledge and experience of operating within the complete life-cycle of a 3rd generation EPR nuclear new-build construction project in Olkiluoto, Finland. This project has been delivered via an Areva/Siemens consortium and is currently one of the biggest construction projects in the world.
We are looking for our client an Experienced Project Scheduler. The project is located in South Nigeria.
The project takes place in Nigeria. Site works are scheduled to start mid January 2014.
The site scheduler should start the work at the office in Finland at the latest in the beginning of December to enable transferring information and responsibility of scheduling properly after which relocation to site is necessary.
Length of the project is approximately 12 months
As a Project Scheduler the tasks will include:
- Prior to project start, create and revise preliminary master schedules for Operations detailing the sequence of all work to be performed based on the contract and internal and customer reporting requirements.
- Maintain master schedule for a project and identify and record the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled. Evaluate actual construction progress and provide regular schedule update
- Interface with Sales Team, Project Mangers (Project Teams), WSM, PowerTech, Customers and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems
- Assist Project Manager in creating short-term schedules, monitor such schedules to determine impact on master schedule, and help in formulating actions to correct scheduling problems
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule
- Maintains, monitors and updates (when appropriate) the construction schedule during the life cycle of the Project
- Collects, analyzes and integrates internal and external schedules into the Construction Schedule
- Proactively identifies potential schedule impacts, report impact and makes proposals how to mitigate foreseen risks
- Provides monthly schedule and progress status report
- Is able to interpret the needs of the project in order to determine the best method to produce the desired graphic and/or schedule
- Is be able to see a project through from start to finish, and recognize when assistance is required from others on the Project team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Construction site experience is an advantage
- Work experience in project management, project business or similar tasks
- Excellent knowledge of project management techniques, methodology and tools
- Excellent leadership, communication and team working skills and capabilities
- Good management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to be a team-player and work with others on the Project Team as necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a project simultaneously
- Is proactive, a self starter and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Committed, determined and persistent attitude, and finalise what you have started
- Fluent skills in English – verbal and written and other languages are an advantage
- PMP or similar certificate is a merit
- Willingness to travel