Layer3 is one of the fastest growing network and security infrastructure companies in West Africa, providing award-winning services, including managed and cloud services, network security, IT infrastructure management, virtualization and mobile device management solutions.
Working from our Victoria Island office in Lagos, the Solutions Architect will be an integral part of the team responsible for handling technical product & solution enquiries from both prospective customers and partners. The successful candidate will need to be technically skilled and demonstrate a high level of understanding of network and enterprise design and system implementations. Ability to communicate at multiple levels is also very important, since the employee will be liaising with network engineers, developers, IT system administrators and non-technical content authors in order to ensure that proposed solutions meet the customer’s immediate needs with flexibility to easily expand in the future. The role also requires an awareness of the sales process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- · Support sales team on proposal and solutions for customers.
- · Meet customers to understand user requirements and design solution documents.
- · Prepare solution proposals.
- · Generate Bill of Materials for quotations.
- · Assist sales in gathering 3rd party pricing and liaising with 3rd parties, if required.
- · Implement activities relating to customers presentations and follow up enquiries.
- · Support sales in tendering and bidding process
- · Any other duties as assigned by line manager or management
Desired Skills and Experience
- A solid technical background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Communications Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering is mandatory
- High level certifications in Juniper, Cisco, Blue Coat, F5, Riverbed and similar technologies desirable
- Hands-on experience on Cisco and/or Juniper technology in service provider or enterprise environments ;
- Ability to research and quickly disseminate information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent skills in business and report writing
- Thorough understanding of features and benefits of Layer3 solutions and services.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work under pressure & time constraints
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills Sound judgment and good business sense
- The ability to build relationships with clients quickly
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
Do you thrive in a high-recognition, high-reward environment and want the opportunity to contribute to building a great company and developing relationships with clients, not just in Nigeria, but globally? If you answered yes, then we are the company for you. Speak to us today to apply for this job!…forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the job title as subject of the mail.
Deadline: November 15th, 2013