Your wedding is one of the most memorable days of your life. But with all the buzz surrounding the big day, sometimes the little things (like your lingerie) get pushed to the side. However, lingerie is an extremely important part of the bridal ensemble. After all, without the proper underpinnings, you simply can’t look your best. Before I give my lingerie recommendations for the bride, let’s go over a few shopping tips:
1. Bridal lingerie should be comfortable, sexy, and functional. After all, you’ll be on your feet and in front of cameras all day long.
2. Bridal lingerie doesn’t have to be boring. Lacy, pretty, and feminine is the name of the game.
3. Bridal lingerie need not be white. Ivory, cream, rose, champagne, peach, and even eau di nil (i.e. robin’s egg blue) are all acceptable colors.
So, with that in mind, let’s get started! Here are 10 of my fave picks for the blushing bride:
1) Bustier: The perfect piece for wearing under strapless, form-fitting dresses, a bustier (also known as a basque) both lifts your bust and nips your waist.
2) Strapless bra: If a bustier feels a bit much, why not opt for a strapless bra?
3) Shaping Slip: We’ve come a long way since the restrictive girdles of yesteryears.
4) Panties: There is no worse sensation than ill-fitting underwear, and you won’t have the time constantly adjust your knickers on your wedding day.
5) Seamless: For when you absolutely, positively must look like you’re wearing nothing underneath at all, seamless lingerie is the way to go.
6) Stockings: Though tights are more popular than ever, there’s still something very seductive about stockings. Not only are they one of the oldest items of lingerie (people have been wearing them since the 15th century), they also tend to be much cooler than either tights or pantyhose.
8) Garter: The garter toss is a classic wedding day tradition, but many brides choose to wear two garters…one to throw and one to keep for themselves.
9) Robe: You’ll need something to wear while getting your hair and makeup done, so why not opt for a luxurious silk robe? Not only is your wedding day worth a little indulgence, silk robes never go out of style and this is a piece you can wear again and again.
10) Chemise: We’ll round things off with a selection for the wedding night. Though you could dedicate an entire list solely to lingerie for the honeymoon, we’ll focus on just one piece…this blush and cream silk chemise