40 Boko Haram Suspects Killed By The Army In Borno

armytroop

More than 40 suspected Boko Haram members were killed in an offensive by the military, which raided its identified cells using air strikes and ground troops from the 7 Division, Nigerian Army, in Bita village, Damboa-Gwoza road in Borno State.

The military raid of Boko Haram hideouts in Bita, which sources told Vanguard took place on Sunday and Monday, was said to be aimed at flushing out the insurgents who were suspected to have fled the recent attacks by the troops, and taken refuge in bushes on the Sambisa Game Forests.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Iherijika had during a routine visit to Maiduguri last week, challenged military officers to be steadfast, as there would be what he described “as total war and destruction of Boko Haram camps in the state this week.”

The source, however told Vanguard; “The recent attacks launched by the troops from the Division beginning from this week was a huge success, as one of the strongholds of the terrorists were destroyed with the killing of unspecified number of suspected Boko Haram insurgents.”

Two weeks ago, no fewer than 20 suspected terrorists were reportedly killed by troops from the 7 Division, in the area, while several others escaped during a similar raid in one of the Boko Haram hideouts as confirmed to journalists by the Division’s spokesman, Colonel Mohammed Dole.

Bita, which is 32 kilometres west of Gwoza town is about 135 kilometres away from Maiduguri, the state capital and it is alleged to be one of the strongholds of the Boko Haram insurgents.

Tags from the story
7 Division, army, boko haram, insurgency

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *