Ericsson is a world leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today, more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks in over 180 countries, and we support customers networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Using innovation to empower people, business and community, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
The position is to support one of our strategic global accounts and will require the successful candidate to provide focused support of contract management activities within the pre-sales / pre-award phase. Some support will however be provided in the post-sales / post-award phases, as and when required.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Undertake contract review and gap analysis, ensuring that proposed and contracted contractual provisions conform to regional and account guidelines and directives.
- Together with the sales team and supporting organizations, driving improved financials (working capital, cash flow, margins)
- Drive the creation of a contracting strategy in the pre-award phase, gathering inputs from various internal key stakeholders and decision makers.
- In conjunction with Legal counsel, support the drafting of the contract agreement by ensuring that all the commercial (business case) provisions are appropriately included within the contract agreement.
- Supporting the negotiation phase by taking the lead during negotiations on contractual provisions, in conjunction with the Key Account Manager.
- Ensure that internal governance processes, directives and instructions are adhered to and managed within the framework of the existing governance model.
- Ensuring contract signature and supporting the handover to the delivery team.
- Driving ongoing education and awareness of the contract content and provisions.
- Supporting risk and contract management efforts throughout the contract life-cycle.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- A graduate degree in Business Management and Sciences, Commercial Law, or equivalent.
- 5 years Contract Management experience working in a corporate environment in the telecommunications or IT industry.
- Excellent financial knowledge and understanding in order to identify and address potential shortcomings.
- Appreciation of operational complexities and requirements.
- Be able to draft and incorporate basic commercial and operational business requirements into a customer contract.
- Highly proficient in English (written and spoken word)
- Must be able to drive C-Level discussions and negotiations .
Preferred Qualification and Experience Requirements
- IACCM Certification
- Proven experience managing complex opportunities and projects of a Systems Integration or Managed Services nature.
- Fluent in French
- Working experience of 7 years or more as a Contract Manager within Sub-Saharan Africa working directly with cellular network operators will be preferable.
- Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking
- Creative and Analytical Skills
- Change Management Skills
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Negotiation and Argumentation
- Presentation and Communication skills
- Risk Analysis and Management skills
- Cultural Awareness
- Customer and Market Insight
- Knowledge Sharing (Tools and Methods)
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Result Oriented
- Pro-active and independent contributor
- Sales and Business Development Skills
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Drafting Skills
- Commercial and Financial Understanding
- Legal and Regulatory Understanding
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region / Local Specifications
- The successful candidate will predominantly focus on supporting Contract governance and execution in delivery, pre-sales.
- When requested, will be required to support post-sales Contract Management activities.
- Will be expected to travel fairly frequently within Sub-Saharan Africa in order to support Sales teams and opportunities.