Unilever Nigeria Plc – Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies.
We’re one of the largest consumer goods companies in the world, in one of the fastest-moving and demanding industries around. Our brands are a familiar part of daily life for millions. And each and every one of them brings bigger, more complicated challenges. How can our products make people healthier? How can we help people feel better about themselves? How do we enhance the environment and communities around us? How can we improve the lives of people everywhere? As a graduate trainee, this will mean challenge, freedom and responsibility like you’d never believe.
Job Title: ULFP – Nigeria – Supply Chain
Function: Supply Chain / Supply Chain Management
- How do you get 12,000 litres of ice cream across the desert without it melting? How do you transform the world’s largest spreads factory or bring an innovative new product to life? What will you do? Here we have a degree preference: Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management, or Statistics.
- You’ll also need to be passionate about delivering for the business, have clear thinking which will guide you to make sound decisions and have the ability to work with a real cross section of people.
What to expect
- Support and empowerment: We’ll support you every step of the way to senior management but much of your progress will be up to you. You’ll need to be focused and ambitious to get where you want, identifying opportunities and taking responsibility for your own development.
- Career possibilities: As you progress you’ll take responsibility for projects within a business unit, either locally within a country or internationally working on the development of our regional and global business strategies.
- Genuine job-responsibility from day one: The programme focuses on building leadership capability and accelerating your development. So from the moment you join, you’ll be doing a real job. One that will provide insight to the business, continually test and develop your skills, and make a genuine contribution to our business. You’ll also be involved on every level (for example, from working on the factory floor to spending time in a supermarket). As you progress, the roles get more challenging which will also mean managing larger budgets, bigger brands or more people.
What will you be doing?
- You will work across local, regional and global teams. You will be making decisions that directly determine the future of our brands, the way we work with our customers and how we run our supply chain.
Who should apply?
- Degree Requirement – Bachelors degree in any discipline.
- CGPA not less than 3.0 on a scale of 5 or its equivalent.
- Not more than 26 years by Dec 2013.
- Work experience of 1 year or less.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Would you enjoy working with a wide range of people, across a variety of functions?
- Do you get a thrill from winning?
- Are you motivated to develop yourself with fast pace to become one of Unilever’s future leaders?
- Do you enjoy being part of a team and leading one (with all the responsibility that entails)?
- Do you enjoy managing complicated projects, with demanding deadlines and budgets as well as creative challenges?
Note: When the page opens, click on “Search Openings”, select Nigeria from the Country dropdown box and click Search, then click ULFP – Nigeria – Supply Chain
Application Deadline: 12th November, 2013