Boko Haram Sets 3 Vehicles Ablaze, Abducts Drivers In Borno

Must Read

I Live In Fear Everyday- Peter Obi Raises Alarm

Peter Obi, the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) Vice presidential candidate during the last general poll has stated that he constantly...

Why Buhari Won’t Endorse Tinubu’s 2023 Presidential Ambition: Yarima

Senator Ahmed Sani Yarima, former governor of Zamfara State and two-term senator has explained why President Buhari will not...

2023: Don’t Flee Nigeria For Tinubu, Razak Urges Bode George

Lanre Razak, a prominent member of the All Progressive Congress in Lagos State says it would be unfortunate if...

‘FBI Charged Me Illegally’ – Invictus Obinwanne Okeke

CEO of Invictus Group and Forbes-celebrated Nigerian man, Obinwanne Okeke, who is facing two counts of $11m computer and wire...

3 Dead, 130 Persons Test Positive As Italy Battles Coronavirus

Health officials in Italy are struggling to explain how the country went from having just three cases of the...

Boko Haram emir Abubakar Shekau makes his first major video appearance

Boko Haram insurgents struck again, Monday, on a highway in Borno State, razing down two trucks loaded with oranges and a Toyota Hilux vehicle, after abducting their drivers.

The ambush was on the now dreaded Maiduguri-Damboa- Biu road, which has witnessed a series of highway raids resulting in the killing of several persons.

It was gathered that the attack occurred a few kilometres from Limanti/ Bullabulin Ngarwa communities where a series of deadly road attacks masterminded by Boko Haram sect had taken place in recent times.

Speaking to journalists in Maiduguri, a commercial driver who narrowly escaped the attack, Mallam Musa Usman, said the insurgents seized the highway at about 9am.

According to him, some suspected members of the notorious sect were seen driving from their enclave in the Sambisa Game Forest to the highway and on getting to the highway, they barricaded the road and blocked off other vehicles.

“They set ablaze three vehicles including a truck loaded with oranges,” he said.

Usman added that immediately he reached the scene, shortly after the attack, he saw the terrorists ordering the abducted drivers into their vehicles, which made him to make an immediate U-turn and made his way back to Maiduguri.

“I have to thank God for sparing my life with two of my children who I was taking to Biu for the Christmas Holiday after finishing their exams last week,” he said.

He noted that he had even encountered two different security check-points before almost falling into the hands of the Boko Haram members.

“But as God would have it, I sighted an unusual happening along the road, just a few metres to the scene, which made me to immediately put my vehicle into reverse gear, before making U-turn back to Maiduguri,” he said.

The spokesman of the 7 Division, Nigerian Army, Colonel Mohammed Dole, who confirmed the incident, declined further comments, adding that details of the attack are still sketchy.

- Advertisement -
Ad ==> Discover how a young Nigerian graduate now makes a consistent 40k per week doing a legitimate online business. You too can start yours now, click here!!!

2 COMMENTS

  1. For heaven sake how can less than 2 million Military, police, & other para Military personells safe guard d lyf & property of estimated 160 million Nigerians? If FG refuse 2 employ d millions hungry able Nigerian as security personels, then I foresee Onitsha bridge falling down sooner or later. Imagine 2 million soilders against just 10 million insurgents with anti-aircraft rifles! & what make it worse is not that d country does’nt av d resources 2 pay this frustrated Nigerians. Pls God save us & our generationext!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -