Cooking Stove Fire Razes Uniabuja Female Hostel

Must Read

12-Year-Old Girl Dies Of Coronavirus In Belgium

A 12-year-old girl confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) patient has died in Belgium, health officials announced on Tuesday.According to a government...

Sierra Leone Records First Case Of Coronavirus

Sierra Leone has recorded its first case of the new coronavirus.The government made this known on Tuesday, making it...

Coronavirus: US Regulator Approves Chloroquine For Emergency Treatment

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine alongside some other...

Coronavirus: Sultan Slams Muslim Clerics For Misleading Followers

Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, has slammed some Islamic clerics over their non-adherence to instructions by experts on...

COVID-19: Lockdown By Buhari Is Legal, Says Osinbajo

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says the lockdown order by President Muhammadu Buhari on the federal capital territory (FCT), Lagos and...

Three female students of the University of Abuja suffered injury following a fire outbreak at the hostel of the school’s mini-campus in Gwagwalada yesterday.

A witness said the incident occurred at night when most students had gone to bed.

She said only one room was affected in the incident saying one of those who suffered burns was still receiving treatment at a hospital in Abuja, while the remaining two were treated for minor injuries and discharged.

“The four occupants of the room lost all their belongings to the fire as the affected room was completely razed down before the fire was put under control,” she said.

The fire outbreak is suspected to have been caused by a lit cooking stove left unattended as there was no electricity when the incident occurred.

Although there was no official statement from the management of the university concerning the incident, it’s been learnt that the Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor James Sunday Adelabu had already visited the scene of fire.

Professor Adelabu, who sympathized with victims of the incident, also warned students to stop using cooking stove in their rooms.

- Advertisement -

4 COMMENTS

  1. Haba! Dis event hapend early in t̶̲̥̅̊ђε̲̣̣̣̥ ♏۵я̩̥̊ϞιϞg̶̲̥̅̊ nd it was in t̶̲̥̅̊ђε̲̣̣̣̥ main campus ooo nt gwagz.ℓ̊ pray dose injured get bak on dia feet soon IJN.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -