At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
The closing date for this role will be 29th of January 2014.
Head of the Nigeria Franchise Marketing Organization. With responsibility for both sparkling and stills beverages brands. Will involve both strategy development for the brands as well as the execution of brand plans. The key result areas are brand health scores; volume growth; market share gain as well as innovation strategy and execution.
• Develop and execute marketing and business strategies and integrated programs that maximize profitable, recurring volume growth and increase the long-term value of TCCC brands.
• Accountable for delivering UC, GP, DMI and Brand Contribution goals, managing day-to-day, ensuring plan execution, implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside to maximize monthly operating income.
• Nurture an effective working relationship with BU supporting service units and the Bottler and ensure proper field execution of marketing strategies.
• Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the Nigeria Marketing team.
• Strategic Thinking/Planning – Develop Marketing Vision and Strategy for the Nigeria Franchise; Communicate and drive vision and Strategy across the Franchise; Challenge all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of trends and their impact to local brands and subsequent plans; Manage Franchise portfolio as a business in terms of drivers, opportunities and return; Use financial insight to make principle based strategic decisions which benefit the Franchise; Define Category and Portfolio Segmentation for the Franchise ; Approve Portfolio and Brand Strategies in line with agreed segmentation; Align strategy (with all key stakeholders, including bottlers) across the division to ensure value for the system; Guardian of the integrity of TCCC brands/trademarks
• Deliver results – Develop and manage team structure to support strategic direction; Establish and drive volume, share, and profit objectives; Anticipate situations and develop approaches that maximise the business opportunities; Integrate all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall brand/Marketing plan. Define marketing DMI requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements; Actively ensure adherence to quality standards across all initiatives across the Franchise; Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across Franchise.
• System Alignment – Build Bottler commitment to the annual Marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives; Develop with the Bottler, through marketing operations teams, an effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments).
• Talent development – Conduct assessments on marketing personnel against agreed role descriptions and competencies; develop and manage succession plan within the structure; Build skills within the Franchise in all areas of the Marketing Mix.
• Accountable for Brand P&L (all Brands) in Franchise
• Franchise portfolio totals for: Unit cases, Gross Profit, DMI, Brand Contribution
• Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with: General Manager, BU Marketing Director, Marketing Operations Teams, Bottler senior managers, supplier/agency mgmt.
• Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: Develop and align marketing and business strategies and plans to deliver sustainable system profit growth.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
• Establish & drive marketing vision in the Franchise
• Manage Portfolio Marketing Mix
• Monitors Development of Brand Essentials
• Manage Portfolio Commercial Mix
• Monitor Portfolio Communication Strategy
• Monitor New Brand Development Process
• Secure Bottler Integration
• Support Implementation of country/territory/cluster Plans (where applicable)
• Building Value Based Relationships
• Building Sustainable Organisational Capabilities
• Leveraging And Respecting Others
• Problem Analysis / Problem Solving
• Strategic Decision Making
• Work In Teams
• Manage Project Management Process
• Translate Information And Data
• Manage Budgets
• Determine Financial Impact
• 10-12 years job experience, at least 8 years marketing in FMCG industry. Extensive knowledge/experience of consumer driven brand/portfolio management would be advisable. General Management skills would be beneficial.
strong>EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree
• Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Some travel required