First Lady Sneaked Out For Medical Treatment – Report

Must Read

Coronavirus: 104-Year-Old Woman Becomes Oldest Survivor

104-year-old Ada Zanusso from Italy defied all odds to stay alive after testing positive for coronavirus, Daily Mail reports.The...

Bayern Munich Set To Resume Training Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

The Bayern Munich squad will train “in small groups” on Monday, the club has confirmed.The first-team players would follow...

COVID-19: US Warns Citizens Seeking Evacuation From Nigeria

As numbers of US citizens in Nigeria clamour for evacuation from Nigeria over the novel coronavirus, the US mission...

No Research Linking 5G Network With COVID-19: Minister

Following the conspiracy theory pointing that the new 5g network may be responsible for the novel coronavirus death, Nigeria's...

COVID-19: APC Calls For Understanding On Stimulus Package Distribution

Following the public outcry that has greeted the manner in which palliatives were shared in Lagos state over lockdown...
Ardent Reader, News Freak, Socio-Political Commentator, Archaeologist & Pro-Democrat.

First-Lady-Patience-JonathanThe First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, may have been flown abroad for another medical trip.

This is according to a report by an online news portal, Sahara Reporters, on Saturday, which quoted two unnamed presidential sources as saying President Goodluck Jonathan’s wife was secretly flown out of the country for Germany to seek medical treatment for an undisclosed ailment.

One source, the medium claimed, disclosed that Mrs. Jonathan had maintained a low profile several weeks in anticipation of her movement to a German hospital.

“She has not been in good health for a while now”, a source close to the Jonathan family reportedly said.

It would be recalled that Sahara Reporters had in 2013 exclusively reported that Mrs. Jonathan was admitted in a foreign hospital but the presidency quickly denied the report as false. But the First Lady would several weeks after at a thanksgiving service, shock her audience and indeed the nation as she confirmed that she was “dead” for seven days at a German hospital and it took a “miracle” for her to come back to the country alive.

Sahara Reporters also quoted another source as saying, “Nigerians are paying for her treatment and deserve the courtesy of being informed about her movement”.

The Presidency, however, denied the report.

The First Lady’s spokesperson, Mrs. Ayotunde Adesugba, told SUNDAY PUNCH on the telephone that there was no truth in the report.

According to Adesugba, Director of Information in the presidency, Mrs. Jonathan is in the Presidential Villa and she had audience with her few minutes before granting the telephone interview around 9pm on Saturday.

“There is no truth in the report. I just left her in the office now”, she said.

- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -