Jonathan Is A Good Man Surrounded By Incompetent Frauds – Sanusi

Must Read

Nigeria’s COVID-19 Cases Rise To 111

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has reported fourteen new cases of coronavirus in the country, taking the...

FULL SPEECH: Buhari’s Nationwide Broadcast On Coronavirus

ADDRESS BY H.E. MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA ON THE COVID- 19 PANDEMIC SUNDAY 29TH...

COVID-19: Extend Assistance To Other States Apart From Lagos, Lawmakers Beg Banks

The senate committee on banking, insurance and other financial institutions has urged banks to look beyond Lagos in its...

Coronavirus: Atiku Recommends 4 Ways To End Pandemic

Former vice president Atiku Abubakar has recommended that the coronavirus currently ravaging nations can be defeated by four ways.Speaking...

Coronavirus: Taraba Shuts All Land Borders, PDP Meeting Suspended

The Taraba State Government has announced the closure of the state's land borders to check the incursion and spread...

sanusi-98436538

Suspended Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi on Sunday described President Goodluck Jonathan as a simple man who tries his best to do the right things at all times, but has been undermined by incompetent and fraudulent aides.

“When you sit with President Jonathan himself he appears a nice simple person who is trying his best to do his best,” Sanusi told AFP.

“His greatest failing obviously is that he is surrounded by people who are extremely incompetent, who are extremely fraudulent and whom he trusts.”

Sanusi was suspended on Thursday over alleged financial misconduct, after accusing the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) of misappropriating $20 billion, allegations that earned him powerful enemies across the government.

Sanusi learned of his removal from office while in Niger on Thursday and immediately returned to Lagos, where agents from the Directorate of State Services (DSS) seized his passport.

On Friday, he secured a temporary protective order from the Federal High Court in Lagos barring Nigerian intelligence agents from the DSS or police from arresting him.

“I thought taking away my passport was the beginning of infringement on my fundamental human rights,” Sanusi told AFP, explaining why he had already sought court protection.

While no charges have been filed against him, Sanusi said he was prepared for whatever attacks may come.

“That we are here today means that I have taken the decision that I will face the consequences of whatever I do,” he said.

He said his “fierce independence” had been an annoyance to the government since 2009, culminating with his sustained, public attack on the NNPC, widely seen as the epicentre of corruption in Africa’s top oil producer.

“If I am sacrificed in whatever way, my freedom or my life…if it does lead to better accountability it will be well worth it,” he said.

- Advertisement -

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -