Reboot is a social enterprise working to deliver inclusive governance and services worldwide. We create opportunities for meaningful engagement between institutions and individuals to improve human development outcomes. We help governments, international donors, NGOs, and others to become more responsive to the communities they serve.
We are seeking talented leaders in Nigeria to join our growing team. Our staff combine passionate idealism and pragmatic solutions. We bring topical expertise as well as a willingness to try new approaches. Adaptability is key.
A variety of skills can be useful in our work: participatory research, service design, program management, monitoring and evaluation, analytical writing, proposal development, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and stakeholder engagement are all highly valued. Expertise in one or more of the issues that are core to Reboot’s work is required. Depending on experience level, candidates could lead individual programs or entire portfolios of client engagements.
- Liaise with government partners for research, technical support, and reform implementation.
- Support grantees and subcontractors, including civil society and community-based organizations, through training and technical support.
- Convene various stakeholders from across sectors in support of program goals.
- Write and contribute to research reports and other analytical outputs.
- Lead and contribute to client deliverables and new project proposals.
- Generate new business opportunities that expand Reboot’s impact.
- Recruit and manage staff and consultants, ensuring high quality contributions to projects.
- Identify and address organizational development needs and future staffing targets.
- Ensure compliance with client requirements and Reboot’s policies and processes.
Successful candidates will bring a mix of skills and experiences to the role. Our ideal candidates have:
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in development, government, advocacy, NGOs, consulting, media, or other field.
- Prior experience in managing relationships with stakeholders in government agencies, donor organizations, and/or NGOs.
- Demonstrated understanding of program management, planning, budgeting, and related skills.
- A university degree in relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
- Deep knowledge of Nigeria and prior work experience in Nigeria is required; experience in multiple countries is highly valued.
- Demonstrated topical expertise in one or more of the following areas: social accountability, open government, public financial management, human-centered design, ICT4D, public-interest media, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and mixed-methods research.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Proficiency in Nigerian Pidgin and other local languages preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality analytical writing.
- Computer proficiency (especially MS Office and Google apps) required.
These positions could be based in Abuja, Lagos, Benin, or Port Harcourt. Frequent travel among the cities and regions of Reboot’s operations will be expected.