FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Supports Quality Assurance activities related to FMC Product line management and/or Supply Chain Management including preparation of quality plans, inspection and test plans, supplier evaluation, selection, training, communication, supplier quality and process improvements and system analysis for continual improvement.
– Interfaces and coordinates with Product Engineering, Project/Product Management, and Customer for resolution of
– Interface and coordinate with CTG Engineering and Welding Engineering for Supplier Material and Welding
– Quality Team Member whose responsibilities include recommendations for supplier audits, training, status changes,
additions, removals, corrective actions, review of supplier performance evaluations.
– Perform root cause analysis and correction for repetitive supplier problems.
– Review and approve Purchase Orders for new Suppliers (Unapproved and Developmental).
– Involve in handling Corrective Action Requests (CAR’s) and Field Non-Conformance Reports (FNCR’s). Investigates problems with processes or system procedures, evaluates root cause, recommends corrective action and follows-up to ensure that action was effective.
– Performs and may lead internal and external audits of Quality Systems
– Performs and supports internal audits and FMC suppliers’ audits.
– Interface with functions on Quality related issues and training.
– Develops statistical sampling plans to inspect supplier parts at the receiving inspection.
– Develops plans and modules to effectively manage product quality
– Participates in MRB reviews.
Skills And Requirements
– BS Degree in Engineering preferred or technical discipline with an minimum of 5-7 years experience in quality or engineering field.
– ASQ Certification in Quality Engineering, Quality Management or Quality Auditing is preferred.
– Knowledge of ISO 9001 (International Standard Organization) / API Q1 (American Petroleum Institute equivalent) preferred.
– Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with suppliers, customers, coworkers,
supply chain, project management and manufacturing departments in matrix environments. Must possess excellent
English communication skills.
– Demonstrates ability to guide and mentor others and demonstrates some degree of leadership ability.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment where meeting customer delivery dates demands urgency.
– Good PC skills a must, including proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing applications and a functional knowledge of
databases such as MS Access and Microsoft Project