Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is the global leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil & gas, refining, pulp & paper, power, water & wastewater treatment, metals & mining, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The ICSS Delta V Leader works on a rotational basis (4*4) on AKPO FPSO in Nigeria to ensure technical assistance, after-sales support, diagnostic, and investigation in relation with customers. He ensures maintenance operations under his responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with TUPNI current safety rules and operating procedures. He guarantees an excellent level of availability of the system. He plays a predominant role in the skills transfer to personnel undergoing training and development by mentoring on site.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· The ICSS Leader is the main technical customer contact. He also manages the relationship between TUPNI and Triconex Leader.
He’s in charge of various tasks:
Ø Technical assistance
Ø Expertise, diagnostic and repair
Ø Hotline assistance through Helpdesk
Ø Be able to understand customer process
Ø Participate to the safety customer meeting and follow all the site safety rules
· He is a self governing person with ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Prepares with TUPNI Process Engineer, ICSS Specialist Engineer and Vendors, corrective actions and modifications of the ICSS system.
- Assists the Planning Engineer and Maintenance Representative in a good quality preparation and execution of all ICSS and System works.
- Assists specialists working under Main Maintenance Contracts (MMC).
- Ensures that TUPNI HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility.
- Manages interventions using work packs provided by the planning team.
- Reviews all intervention reports in the UNISUP (including those concerning MMC) and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field of competencies.
- Monitors the functioning of all equipment placed under his responsibility.
- Troubleshoots equipment placed under his responsibility.
- Follows up the Parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems for condition monitoring purposes, according to operation’s directives
- Maintains an accurate and auditable log of all system faults.
- Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on site.
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly to customer.
- Manages and Coaches/Mentors the ICSS Engineers directly under his responsibility.
- Carries out, at TUPNI request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takeover the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until resolution.
- Maintains and troubleshoot all ICSS communication networks for DeltaV Equipment and also for all OPC communications with packages, he is ICSS Network Administrator.
- Identifies any delicate ICSS operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand.
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements.
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programs
- Warns support and planning teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts.
- Keeps track of any work backlog in his area of responsibility and suggests corrective measures to TUPNI if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable.
- Participate to the functional analysis to any software modifications in the ICSS under the direction and Control of TUPNI specialist Engineer.
- Reviews and ensures that all Software modifications and corrective actions are validated by TUPNI after maintenance levels 4 & 5 and conform to the functional analysis provided by TUPNI.
- Ensures that all Control systems documentation is up to date and available on the site.
- Suggests improvements and requests modifications to TUPNI
- Prepare and update all necessary procedures for usual activities.
- Verifies quality of all ICSS interventions by frequent on-site checks and final checks prior to hand-back of critical or high integrity equipment to production after maintenance activity
- Ensures that members of his teams have the correct qualifications, skills and Competence required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures or training to TUPNI.CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
Education and Qualifications
School Education (up to 12 Grade), University/College/Bachelors, Diploma – Engineering/Technical/Business, Post Graduate/Masters
3- 5 Years Experience
Approachability, Technical Learning, Perseverance, Action-Oriented, Learning on the Fly
Additional Company Information
How to apply :
If you feel that your skills and attributes match the Emerson requirements please apply via the careers pages by completing the online application and uploading an up to date CV
Emerson MEA Selection Process:
The selection process once shortlisting has been completed will involve an initial telephone screening interview followed up, if successful, by a full selection event at one of our regional offices.
Equal Opportunities :
Emerson Middle East & Africa are an equal opportunities employer and hiring decisions will be made regardless of sex, race, religious belief, age, disability or sexual orientation.
We operate a preferred supplier list for recruitment agencies and search firms. This list is reviewed periodically, but we are not currently considering adding any new suppliers – and we’re continuing our existing policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from any recruitment agencies or search firms. We’d also ask that you refrain from routinely contacting HR or our business leaders.
- Quality Assurance