Digital Divide Data believes that the vibrant and growing economies in Nigeria and Ghana may offer opportunities for the DDD’s expansion into the region. We are seeking to test this proposition by identifying sales prospects from local corporates, governments and NGOs. If we understand the market to be large enough and active, DDD will invest in creating a delivery center in West Africa.
We are now seeking a consultant to help us understand and develop this market, with a core goal of landing at least $500,000 in contracts for work that could be delivered in the region (although before we establish an office work may be delivered from DDD’s other centers in East Africa or in Asia).
We envisage the consultancy consisting of 3 phases:
- 2-week visit to Kenya to observe DDD operations, meet the sales team, attend sales calls and generalize familiarize him/herself with DDD
- 3 month business development phase in West Africa visiting potential clients and understanding the local market. Based on the conclusions of this phase, the consultancy may end there or it may extend to:
- 3 month full sales effort to close opportunities and actually demonstrate the market potential.
Based on the results of this consultancy, there would be an opportunity for the consultant to be considered as part of the founding management team for a DDD West Africa office.
Qualification and Experience
We are looking for someone extremely self-motivated and self-organized, with a proven track record of creating new markets, new business lines or significant sales success. Working without a support infrastructure or close supervision, you will nonetheless need to make progress against achieving the company goals to demonstrate whether there is an attractive market for DDD in West Africa.
Other skills include:
- At least 5 years of successful track record in business development and/or direct sales. We will not review CVs that do not have at least 5 years’ experience.
- with recent exposure within a recognized Process Outsourcing Services Company and/or similar experience from another source (e.g., Telecommunications, Health care Services, Financial Services, Energy, Transportation, Publishing/Media, Travel Services.)
- Able to represent himself/herself and the company in an informed, articulate manner.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English. French/Arabic would be an added advantage.
- Must reside (be based) in Nigeria or Ghana and be willing to travel.