Vodacom is an African mobile communications company providing voice, messaging, data and converged services to around 50 million active customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our operations to include networks in Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo (‘DRC’), Mozambique and Lesotho.
The EHOD: Commercial will be responsible for the strategic leadership, direction and development of new commercial opportunities involving product management and development, marketing, pricing, special bids and pre-sales activities in Nigeria.
- Formulate the Commercial Operations Strategy for VBN.
- Oversee that the clients’ contracts are being correctly managed and monitored.
- Lead and Manage the VBN Bid team.
- Ensure customer pricing is competitive and accurate.
- Ensure pricing models are kept up-to-date and are in accordance with business best practice.
- Provide holistic commercial evaluation of deals.
- Provide an executive summary of Bid commercials for Management signoff.
- Monitor and track performance against the set targets for the Commercial Operations team.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Identify, Negotiate and coordinate team resources across various groups within the organization whose inputs are required to make product(s) amendments, support growth and meet customer demands.
- Analyse potential partner relationships for the product.
- Put in place business performance metrics that allows the success of the product to be monitored and measured.
- Keep tab of competitive threats, discover opportunities, and work on envisaged weaknesses to constantly position the company to achieve set vision.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the brand strategy.
- Develop and implement a Marketing Strategy which reflects priorities outlined in the company’s Strategic Plan – including campaigns, communications, events and PR.
- Work closely with the sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations.
- Participate in pre-sales solution formulation through system deployment; including bid preparation and customer interface resulting in solutions architecture proposals.
- Oversee the preparation of the technical solutions architectural and implementation design documents.
- Develop and articulate solutions based on a customer’s strategic business or technical requirements ascertained from working with multiple business units across the customer’s organization
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Engineering or Commercial discipline from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 10 years Commercial Management experience; inclusive of management in the ICT Industry (essential), with pricing principals, in a Telco, ISP, or related ICT services industry
- Bid/Tender exposure preferred.
- 5 years Leadership/Management/Supervisory experience essential