A 2-year-old girl reportedly died from suffocation inside her father’s car in their residence at Kubwa in Bwari Area Counci, Abuja.
According to report, the father forgot to lock the car after he came back from the hospital and dashed into the house to take a nap.
The little girl had gone into the car with another boy of about three-years old to play. The windows of the car were winded up and the car automatically locked so they could not get out of the car.
When the father came out later, he was shocked to find his daughter dead in the car while the boy had fainted.
He quickly rushed them to the Kubwa General Hospital where the daughter was confirmed dead, while the boy was later resuscitated.
Confirming the incident, Paul Olise, head of Accident and Emergency unit of the hospital described it as unfortunate.
Source: Daily Trust