Delivery of an OH service in line with national OH policies and local service level agreements
• Ensure that employees are screened pre-placement through overseeing the process and / or undertaking assessment activities. Identify any implications for employment and provide them with relevant health information for their role.
• Manage the delivery of health surveillance and screening programmes.
• Collate and analyse statistics.
• Act in a professional advisory capacity to unqualified OH staff. This would include but is not limited to:
• making decisions in relation to external referrals
• providing professional OH advice following escalation by OHPN
• Management of site OH records
• Advise on delivery of First Aid Services in conjunction with Unilever’s Nigeria First Aid Co-ordinator.
• Advise on risk based assessments to develop safe working practices and prevent ill health.
• Provide advice on legal compliance in relation to Occupational Health, DDA and, where relevant, Health and Safety Legislation
• Adopt a proactive approach to anticipating, managing and improving OH involvement in issues such as ergonomics, workplace procurement etc.
• Provide and oversee work-related health information, instruction and training
• Participate within, and advise upon, positive attendance management strategies and activities including sickness absence, rehabilitation and temporary redeployment.
• Investigate work-related ill health and advise on corrective actions/ergonomic solutions.
• Provide a Travel Health advisory role (if relevant to the site)
• Develop strong working partnerships with associated professional groups such as physio, Occupational Hygienist, Health and Safety; HR.
• Proactive involvement in Company initiatives such as TPM, Vitality etc.
• Co-ordinate and/or deliver health promotion activities and advice where appropriate
• May contribute to the development of national operational excellence e.g. through contribution to policies and procedures, working parties etc.
• Oversee ordering of medical supplies and consumables.
Key Sills Required:
Registered Medical Practitioner
• A minimum of 2 years Occupational Health experience
• An understanding of current Health and Safety Legislation
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• A team player able to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
• A customer-focussed, positive approach to work
• Flexibility to meet business need, which may include working on/covering other sites
• Excellent planning and organisational abilities
• IT literacy (word, excel, power-point and outlook preferred)
• Where the OHA is to be a team leader, supervisory experience is preferred.
• Where the OHA provides an on site Travel Health service, their competence must satisfy the standard outlined in the relevant OH Unilever Nigeria Policy document.
• Commitment to ongoing learning and development