Wood Group PSN are the largest provider of brownfield services to the oil and gas industry. Our global network of over 29 000 people in more than 35 countries offers high integrity services that optimize the performance of facilities, maintain production, reduce operating costs, ensure asset integrity and extend the operating life of fields.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Professional Leader – Process located at our office in Lagos, Nigeria.
The role is based in country on a rotational basis of 6 weeks on / 2 weeks off.
Basic Functions :
Responsible for study, design, and specification and services related to process plants such as ammonia, ethylene, mineral processing, specialty chemicals, refined products, oil and gas production, forest products and water. Responsible for heat and material balance, the development of process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, system design parameters, and design or rating of equipment and apparatus such as heat exchangers, vessels, reactors, etc. May also be responsible for development of process simulators and advanced controls/process optimization.
Job role is independently accountable for staff and support arm of the Wood Group Dover (Lagos) Office.
Principal Responsibilities :
With Local autonomy, establishes and maintains the technical standards within the discipline. Sets strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting. Participates in decisions regarding the acquisition and execution of engineering and/or Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts, and supporting business acquisitions & preparation of technical proposals. This is a management level position with full responsibility for hiring decisions, staffing levels, budgets, salary administration, and career development of assigned personnel within an engineering discipline. May supervise several subordinate supervisors or team leaders, including discipline lead engineers on EPC projects.
Technical Business Skills:
A broad range of Process Engineering skills pa rticularly in the oil and gas processing industry in both the onshore and offshore environment. Well versed with national/international standards.
Be able to create results and a local organization in line with corporate vision, through sharing of engineering knowledge within the region and creation of the engineering people of the future in the African Region
Business Industry Experience:
· 15-20+ years’ experience in engineering (onshore and offshore projects)
· Performing a similar role in the past an advantage and involved in developing of engineering offices from inception.
· Knowledge of WGPSN/WG Management Systems
Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer (advantage) with associated undergraduate Degree in Engineering.
· Good English spoken & written and clear communicator
· Excellent presentation skills
· Good Interviewing Techniques and Skills
· Team Player
· Excellent Coaching and Mentoring
· Sharing Lessons Learned between Regional Projects
· Local Negotiation and problem Solving
· Focused Drive
· Emotional Intelligence (Culturally Adept)
· Trusted Influence
· Systems Thinking
· Willing to Travel (Africa)
· No Visa Restrictions
Why is WGPSN ‘where you want to be’?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company’s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC112308 all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only – no email applications