FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Performs clerical and administrative duties that require knowledge of departmental policies and practices. Coordinates, handles, and tracks project and third party records for WCS and coordinates document manage within the FMC network as well as SharePoint.
Performs clerical and administrative duties including typing, proofreading and editing documents, correspondence and reports for assigned department. Composes and may initiate routine correspondence and memoranda.
Maintains records, prepares various forms using standard format and procedures, verifies information and resolves common problems.
Screens telephone calls and visitors. Takes accurate phone and verbal messages and ensures that messages are delivered in a timely manner. Resolves all but most complex inquiries.
Enters data from various sources into spreadsheets, verifies input and calculations. Modifies spreadsheets, databases and reports. Suggests improvements to increase efficiency and improve communication of departmental and functional information.
Assists department staff in developing and preparing presentation material.
Maintains efficient paper and electronic filing system and ensures quick retrieval of requested documents.
Keeps abreast of latest trends and technology related to administrative functions. Identifies and suggests ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
May schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries for department staff and may coordinate related arrangements. Ensures accurate and timely communication to involved parties.
May plan, coordinate and make arrangements for on-site and offsite Conferences, meetings and special events. Ensures accurate and timely communication to involved parties.
May assist with departmental human resource functions, which may include preparation of confidential personnel information and new hire orientation.
Skills And Requirements
– Secondary School Diploma or equivalent preferred
– The ideal candidate should have 4+ years of working experience in administration and document control. Minimum of 1 yr of office environment experience.
– The ideal candidate should have at least 1 year of experience with the following:
Records Management Principles
Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or newer
Must demonstrate good time management skills.
– Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills in order to interact with internal and external contacts.
– Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts with ability to persuade, influence and facilitate problem resolution.
– Demonstrates ability to interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures and ensure those policies and procedures are being followed in their assigned projects.
– Ability to handle multiple varied tasks and changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
– Ability to develop and make departmental and/or project correspondence and/or presentations.
– Ability to read, understand and explain job related documents and procedures such as reference materials and reports.
– Accuracy and attention to detail important.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are important in order to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, other department personnel and customers.
– Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is important.
– Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately.
– Understanding and communication within diverse cultural environments is critical.