At PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), we’re proud to be recognised at delivering quality service to our clients. We have our people to thank; after all, it’s their contributions – the unique talents, ideas and opinions they bring to the team – that make us the business we are. To be part of the team is to be part of something special.
Job Title: Corporate Writer
The job holder will be part of the marketing communications and business development team.
One of the primary tasks will be to create compelling messages that promote the firm’s services and reputation. The job holder will deliver superior editorial content and take the lead in ensuring consistency and high quality in all of the firm’s written editorial work.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Deliver high-quality editorial content for internal and external communications
• Research, write and edit content for press releases, social media, financial reports, web text, speeches, brochures, presentations and more
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop compelling story lines and messages for key markets and target groups
• Shape and safeguard the firm’s writing style using precise, readable and jargon-free language
• Develop processes and guidelines that shape and maintain the quality of all editorial content delivery
• Help review and approve written communications material to ensure consistency with the firm’s high standards
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, publishing, communications or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with specific experience in reporting, writing and editing
• An understanding of publishing production would be an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to develop relationships at all levels of an organization and across functions.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to distil complex business issues into easily comprehensible material for a variety of audiences.
• Extensive experience from writing articles, press releases, speeches, reports and presentations
• Good understanding of the professional services sector would be an advantage
• Strong messaging and positioning skills
• Global mindset and ability to work with different teams to achieve the firm’s objectives
Job Title: Strategic Assistant to Chief Executive Officer
The Job Concept
The Strategic Assistant will provide high level support to the office of the CEO in the management of the business. She /He will be immersed in strategic and operation analyses as well as have the opportunity to take a lead role in driving projects within the business.
The Strategic Assistant will become adept at writing and analyzing reports for the CEO, and the rest of the leadership group, in a concise format, enabling the CEO and leadership group to quickly understand the issues.
The job holder will report to the Country Senior Partner but it is important to note that this is NOT a Personal Assistant role; This role sits in the hub of the business and is analytical and outwardly facing.
Roles and Responsibilities Financial Analysis
• Reviewing and analysing financial reports, flagging issues to the CEO
• Conducting analysis on internal departments and external competitors as needed
Writing, Research and Analysis
• Undertaking research and writing on various subject matter
• Being willing and able to provide an opinion and insight based on this research
• Carrying out internal research as needed
• Support the CEO in Business Planning and analyzing business performance
• Understanding the nature of brand-building in the professional services industry
• Analysing business strategy and marketing plans
• Assist in identifying potential business/market opportunities
Building Industry Knowledge
• Learning about the firm’s operations in different areas, and related sectors
• Developing a thorough understanding of the professional services industry
• Attending business meetings with the CEO and providing a different perspective on current issues.
• Preparing meeting agendas and assisting the CEO to coordinate and prepare meeting materials and presentations
• Participating in meetings and responsible for taking notes as appropriate
• Coordinate and participate in management/business meetings and generate and evaluate ideas and transform them into realistic action plans
• Working with Business Unit Heads, providing input during discussions and presentations, coordinating key business information to ensure consistency and meeting timelines and milestones
• Assist the CEO in leading, managing or coordinating projects, tasks or reports from Global and regional locations
• Any ad-hoc matters assigned by the CEO’s office
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics or related field
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• A proven track record in executive communications
• Strong business acumen combined with a fluency in topical news and culture
• A good knowledge of the professional services industry will be an advantage
• Good written and spoken English with the ability to write communications and document accordingly
• Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong communication skills and creativity
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build & maintain relationships at senior levels
• Diplomatic and politically astute. Effective at working independently as well as in collaboration with others.
• Strong analytical and project management skills. Ability to think strategically
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Good creative problem-solving/decision-making skills
• Strong communicator and able to participate in discussions with complex content
• Highest level of integrity and confidentiality
Application Deadline: 5th May 2014