The game might be up for armed men and criminal gangs perpetrating violent crimes in Benue, Nasarawa and Plateau States as the military said on Monday that it had begun a major operation to bring their reign of terror to an end.
Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information, said in a statement yesterday in Abuja that the operations would end the wanton killing and destruction of lives and property.
The Defence spokesperson said that troops had already been deployed for a major offensive which covered the three states of the North-Central.
He added that the internal security operation was meant to capture and neutralise all the enclaves of criminal gangs.
“The Nigerian Air Force, Police and other security agencies are also participating in the operation, designed to restore peace in the affected states”.
Olukolade charged law abiding citizens to cooperate with the military by providing timely and useful information to facilitate the operation as it affected their localities.