Stop Spreading Bomb Rumours, Police Warn FCT Residents

Must Read

Lassa Fever: 24 Killed, 163 Cases Confirmed So Far In January

At least 24 people have died of Lassa fever in the country since the latest outbreak of the disease...

University Of Ibadan Offers Admission To 4,359 Out Of 19,482

The University of Ibadan approved the provisional offer of undergraduate admission to 4,359 candidates for the 2019/2020 academic session. According...

Valencia Hands Barcelona First Defeat Of The Year

Barcelona has been handed their first defeat of the year by Valencia during their domestic league clash at the...

Cross River Polls: INEC Adhoc Staff Abducted By Gunmen

An ad hoc staff member of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Cross River state has been reportedly...

Kelechi Iheanacho Leads Leicester City To FA Cup Fifth Round

Super Eagles forward, Kelechi Iheanacho led Leicester City to the fourth round  of the FA Cup with victory over...

The FCT Police Command on Wednesday appealed to residents spreading rumour of bomb blasts in the territory to desist from such habit.

The spokesperson of the command, DSP Altine Daniel, made the appeal while reacting to another purported bomb scare at the Federal Secretariat.

Daniel advised anyone with useful information on suspected persons, movement or objects, to call the police instead of spreading rumour, thereby causing panic.

“Don’t spread rumour, anyone with useful information on suspected explosive object should call the police.

“Those spreading rumour of bombs do not have experience to handle explosive devices; they only cause panic.

“It is the police and other security agencies that are trained to handle suspected bombs. If there is any, please call the police and stop spreading rumour,’’ she appealed.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the appeal followed a bomb scare at the Federal Secretariat at about noon on Wednesday.

Daniel, however, said that the rumour was about a car allegedly laden with explosive devices and parked at a section of the Federal Secretariat.

It was learnt that following the rumour, personnel from the anti-bomb squad, supported by sniffer dogs, were immediately deployed to comb all nooks and crannies of the secretariat.

However, they did not find any object.
Some workers at the secretariat, who spoke to NAN, claimed ignorance of the rumour.

Normal official activities have resumed at the secretariat.

However, a security officer, who pleaded anonymity, said personnel from the police bomb disposal unit had been visiting the secretariat on daily basis.

The source said that during the visit, they combed everywhere for suspected explosive devices, adding that this was one of the proactive measures adopted recently to forestall any eventuality.

It would be recalled that there was a bomb scare at the secretariat last week. [NAN]

- Advertisement -

1 COMMENT

  1. May I ask the NPF why there are no armed police men guarding both the entrance and exit gate at the Old secretariat at area 1…you know the current situation in the country and still yet notable FG buildings are left unguarded…only the NSCDC officials are seen stationed in notable places in the secretariat

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -