Two Customs Officers Killed By Gunmen In Bauchi

Must Read

FG Reacts To Pastor Oyakhilome’s Comment On Lockdown, 5G Network

The Federal Government has reacted to a comment made by founder of Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome that the...

Nigeria On Course To Stop Coronavirus Pandemic: FG

The Federal Government has expressed that Nigeria remains on the right path to conquer the Coronavirus pandemic in the...

Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, Ogun, FCT – FG

The Federal Government says only President Muhammadu Buhari can decide whether or not, the lockdown of Lagos, Ogun and...

COVID-19: Buhari Sends Solidarity Message To UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson

President Muhammadu Buhari has sent his message of solidarity to UK's prime minister, Boris Johnson who was rushed into...

Covid-19: Ekiti Begins Distribution Of Palliatives (Photos)

Following the lockdown imposed on the nation as a result of the novel coronavirus, Ekiti state government has begun...

Gunmen Thursday ambushed officers of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) between Sade and Lanzai towns in Darazo Local Government Area of Bauchi State, killing two of them and leaving four injured.

Ssecurity sources from the army and the police confirmed the incident which occurred along the Bauchi-Damaturu-Maiduguri Federal Highway in Bauchi State. In their separate accounts of the incident, the officers said the hoodlums attacked the officers who were on their way from an official assignment in Geidam, Yobe State.

They said the hoodlums shot one customs official death and burnt another including two of their vehicles.
When contacted, Public Relations Officer of the NCS, Bauchi, Samuel Ja’afar Gulak, who also confirmed the incident, said officers of the service were in the hospital to see the victims and after investigation, full detail of the incident would be released.

Meanwhile, on Wednesday, gunmen in a convoy of three Hilux vehicles stormed Misau town in a bid to unleash mayhem on the populace in the area.

The state police command spokesman,Haruna Mohammed, said a combined team of security forces comprising the police and military who were “on red alert, engaged the hoodlums in a fierce gun battle, forcing them to jettison their mission and escaped with bullet wounds.’’

He said the security forces are on their trail as the entire area had been cordoned off in an effort to get the fleeing suspects arrested and to unravel their motive.
Mohammed told journalists that “further development will be communicated to your in due course.”

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -