We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for customer support and aftersales activities in support of our Carriers and Distribution partners. This includes: oversee the execution of and adherence to the reverse logistics policies and procedures agreed upon in a commercial sales agreement with regard to warranty obligation as well as agreed upon goods and services associated with non and out of warranty repair/service. In addition, will act as the interface and principal contact for a group of carriers/partners and become an advocate for their business needs and support issues in a professional and efficient manner. Responsible for support readiness and post launch support improvements, as well as account and escalation management.
In support of this objective the CSM is required in interact and collaborate in a highly efficient manner with other verticals within BlackBerry, as well as the chosen external partners of BlackBerry, in pursuit of creative solutions which allow the business to increase the value of our partnerships with BlackBerry buyers while limiting the expense and risk of performing / providing those highly valued goods and services.
- The CSM must have the experience and business acumen to understand and direct all elements of a commercial agreement between BlackBerry and a BlackBerry buyer. While their specific area of focus is reverse logistics it is critical that the CSM be able to represent and consider, when required, the adjacent responsibilities to which BlackBerry has obligated under a commercial sales and marketing agreement
- The CSM must be able retain and call upon their intimate knowledge of all elements of a commercial agreement related to warranty support and call support, non and out of warranty service, reverse logistics, customer care and all elements of the commercial agreement that may contribute or detract from BlackBerry’s ability to perform its warranty support obligation in an efficient and cost effective manner
- The CSM must have the capability of translating a written legal agreement into actionable tasks with the ability to emphasize the elements favorable to BlackBerry while minimizing the impact of those elements that may be counter to our preferred method of operating. The CSM must be able to develop, monitor, track, and measure these action areas based upon intrinsic value, perceived value, and financial value both inward and external to the BlackBerry organization.
- The CSM must have excellent interpersonal skills and possess the ability to initiate and develop relationships with individuals and organizations having significantly differing business goals, levels of experience, and personal motivation. These relationships must lead to collaboration, both internally and externally, to solve a myriad of business challenges while maintaining existing operations and achieve successful rating from the carriers in the best interest of and to the greatest overall benefit to BlackBerry
- The CSM must be highly proficient in data analytics with the ability to aggregate raw data for analysis and, with a high degree of skill, extract from that data information to support a business proposals, refute a business claim, or identify the cause of a finite or broad business result. The CSM must be able to craft this information into a highly professional presentation format and deliver the information and the supporting message to all levels of the BlackBerry and Customer organizations, from C-Level to individual contributor
- The CSM must have a basic working knowledge of general accounting practices and business finance with the intent of ensuring that the financial health of their customer portfolio is meeting company expectations. This skill is also critical in the dissection of claims and problem resolution to ensure that solutions presented/selected are in the most cost beneficial position allowable under the specific environment conditions
- The CSM must have a constant focus on the management of costs with the partners he/she supports with the view of reducing costs via the support model wherever possible while still maintaining customer satisfaction levels. This means making sure the carriers have the appropriate tools to support out products, pushing the support closer to the customer with a focus on returns prevention.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities in PSAM areas :
- Engage Education Services to implement web-based or in-class training programs to help Carriers understand and support the BlackBerry solution more effectively
- Based on Carrier feedback and incident analysis, Partner SAMs will facilitate knowledge transfers for new and updated information
- Collaborate with Carrier organization and RIM teams to prepare for new product and service launches
- Review previous Carrier launches to identify areas of improvement and factors for success in order to improve future launches
- Work as Carriers’ single point of contact for Partner post launch support issues
- Escalate post launch support issues that need further investigation or prioritization with the BlackBerry Technical Support team
- Help reduce support costs and increase customer satisfaction by working with Carrier to understand and eliminate call drivers
- Track, monitor, and report the results of incidents escalated to RIM, as well as help with the reporting needs of Carrier organization
- Work with problem management and other internal groups to ensure acceptable resolutions are in place in a timely manner
- Seamless collaboration with BPTS Service Delivery Teams (SDTs)
- Key Performance Indicators: Partner and end customer satisfaction; conformance to agreed metrics for CSO operational processes; achievement of targets for assigned projects.
Desired Skills and Experience</b
- Degree level or equivalent
- ITIL certification is an added advantage
- At least 5 years and more
- Customer-facing service management experience is essential
- Good understanding of business organization and sales/service operations.
- Mobility solutions particularly Device Management, Application Management, and Mobile Security Solutions
- Knowledge of Cloud computing technology with experience in Data Hosting and Managed Solutions
- Data services drivers for Carriers
- Having worked with or engaged with support of VAR’s / System Integrators
- Overview of Social networking solutions, both on the Consumer and Enterprise side
Aptitude / Skill required
- The employee should possess:
- Clear written/oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge on Cloud Computing Technology
- Knowledge on Managed Services / Hosted data services
- Knowledge on Data and Voice Security solutions
- Knowledge on Carrier / Telco Voice solutions
- Knowledge on MVAS and Data services solutions offered by Telcos/ Carriers
- Exposure to some Social Media applications like Jabber, Lync, Facebook, BBM, Microsoft OCS, Lotus Connections
The employee must be
- Able to work effectively at a senior management level with technical and commercial counterparts in assigned business partners.