The United States said, yesterday, distanced itself from claims that the military had discovered the location of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls, saying it does not have information to support the claim by the Nigerian military.
Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Alex Badeh had on Monday said that the military knew the location of the schoolgirls who were abducted by the Boko Haram Islamic sect on April 14.
U.S. State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters, yesterday, that, “we don’t have independent information from the United States to support that statement. We, as a matter of policy and for the girls’ safety and well-being, would not discuss publicly this sort of information regardless.”
Badeh’s claim has also reportedly angered the Presidency.
It was gathered that President Jonathan is unhappy with the claim by the defence chief, which he considered as a breach of military tactics capable of hindering the move to free the children, who have been held by Boko Haram since last month.
A top Presidency source told Vanguard last night that Jonathan considered the CDS’ claim on the missing schoolgirls as an unnecessary outburst, which could frustrate ongoing efforts by the multinational team currently in the country to rescue the girls.
The source, which did not want to be quoted, said President Jonathan was still at a loss as to why Badeh made the statement at a time he was expected to be more cautious over the contentious issue, which is generating interest across the globe.
“Indeed the President is really upset over the claim and we do not know what will happen,” the source said.
They should remove him 4rm the office,because is not security concious as a CDS of this country,which means he knew much about Bokoharam
Half education ,cds
Stupid pple!we know they are all in the know of Boko Haram,even the millitary.They should remove him,God will punish all of you who assist one way or the other in killing innocent pple.mad man!
U can C Y it is alws important 4 one 2 think twice b4 taking any action. My president, U know [email protected] 2 do…
Alex Badeh is right,he only revealed the secret the FG knows.GEJ is angry bcos that is not part of the plan…#ThinkNigerians
Hmmm!Very soon God will expose them all,our govt as not been sincere about this issue of insurgency they know where our girls are, they should playing with the life of our girls,enough is enough
Guys he is among the sponsor of boko haram that’s another way to tell them to change their location that government knows their hid out.
Do you think its only Muslim are sponsoring boko haram.
If he is not a sponsor or supporter how can somebody of his rank be so careless over intelligent and sensitive issue like that
Guys lets use our brain Uncle Joe better remove that guy from that post before he will plan coupe against you with BOKO HARAM as an excuses.
Let God judge them all my pains is that shekai nd all d sect are all coward if they are bold enough let them come out bokoharam come nd explin wentin u de bomb 4 y y u all no get sense u want bomb na people way de suffer like u u de bomb sorry hausa people una no get sense I beg bro jona send that man comot 4 sit b4 him go finish or plan 4 u that is why I love ng militant de no kill innocent people.