Wood Group PSN are the largest provider of brownfield services to the oil and gas industry. Our global network of over 29 000 people in more than 35 countries offers high integrity services that optimise the performance of facilities, maintain production, reduce operating costs, ensure asset integrity and extend the operating life of fields.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently recruiting for a Painting & Insulation Supervisor located at our Site in Bonny Island, Nigeria . The successful candidate will provide the following duties
- Oversees the execution of painting and insulation works on site.
- Provide status report on planned activities, assigns the task that need to be performed to staff to ensure timely completion of task as per the works orders.
- Monitors and controls man hours completed by the maintenance team.
- Monitors safety and ensures HSSE SPECTS (including PTW) are addressed, that Tool Box Talks are relevant and attended, and that preventative requirements and learning from incidents (LFI) are communicated and implemented thus enhancing the effectiveness of the HSSE MS.
- Drive continuous improvement on site.
- Assists with the management of the inventory of all relevant materialists whilst maintaining records and informing PEC section head to ensure timely replenishment.
- Assist with the preparation of painting and insulation procedures and work instructions.
- Drives the field maintainace, repair and new application of all protective painting and insulation to achieve continuous asset reliability and integrity thereby assuring operations and process safety.
- Ensures that all painting and insulation works are performed in line with applicable company standards and all times.
- Supervises field painting and insulation activities.
- Ensures that field painting and insulation teams are functioning effectively and efficiently, conducts regular audits of the processes and takes action to improve any deficiencies.
- Planning, organizing, assigning, directing, reviewing, and supervising the work of assigned staff.
- Ensures that machinery and equipment for painting and insulation activities are maintained in optimum conditions at all times.
- Organises and coordinates all materials and consumables
- Assist with the development of short term look ahead schedules in alignment with the maintenance execution plan.
- Maintains company standards for quality assurance purposes
- Conducts inspection of civil assets are required.
- Ensures all activities are performed in a safe manner.
- Performs other general duties that may be necessary to suit operational requirements as directed
- (This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, as the business dictates these are subject to change.)
- Read and understand drawings, plans and specifications.
- Organise, implement and direct field painting and insulation activities
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing and spread sheet applications
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- NACE Level 2 or equivalent
- Candidates should be a Nigerian national
- Why is WGPSN `where you want to be
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company?s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC110571 in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only – no email applications