Security Forces Placed On Alert As Boko Haram Insurgents Surround Gwoza Ready To Attack

soldiers-stand-in-miliary-camp-in-maiduguri-capital-of-borno-state-on-june-6-2013-afp-photoNigerian security forces have been placed on red alert following intelligence report that Boko Haram insurgents had regrouped in Gwoza, Borno State, with the intent to launch an attack.

The Nation, quoting a military source said the insurgents had been “massing up in Gwoza with intent to strike”.

“We have placed troops on red alert. We are also sending reinforcement as I speak with you. We are taking pre-emptive measures to avert a repeat of what happened in Gamboru during the week”, the source added.

It would be recalled that the insurgents had attacked Gamboru, a border town on Monday leaving at least 100 villagers dead.

Meanwhile, father of two of the abducted school girls, the Rev. Enoch Mark, has expressed his despair and anger at the military for not yet finding his daughters.

“For a good 11 days, our daughters were sitting in one place”, he told The Associated Press.

“They camped them near Chibok not more than 30 kilometres, and no help in hand. For a good 11 days”, Rev. Mark lamented.

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *