Job Title: Shipping Assistant – FSN-06/FP – 08 (Trainee)
(This position will be filled at the FSN-06/FP-08 at the trainee level with a promotion to target grade of FSN-07/FP-07 with Supervisor’s recommendation).
Basic Function of the Position:
The incumbent arrange for and facilitates the in-coming and out-going shipment and custom clearance of the household and personal effects, privately owned vehicles (POV), and other property of U.S. Citizen Personnel and U.S. Government equipment and supplies.
- NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required.
- Knowledge in shipment clearances and/or warehousing is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment is required.
- Ability to type 20 wpm is required.
- Completion of University degree in transportation, commerce, business, communications, or logistics is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of progressive responsibility in the transportation, shipping, or warehousing experience is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Salary: Or – Ordinarily Resident–N2, 250,420 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$36,111 EFM/MOH – US$30,991 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD- 214 with their application.
Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter. Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov