60 Women Feared Abducted In Borno

More than 60 women are feared to have been abducted from Kummabza village in Damboa local government area of Borno state between Thursday last week and Sunday, according to Thisday.

According to sources from the area who spoke to journalists on Monday, hoodlums believed to be members of the outlawed Boko Haram sect continued to invade the town last week and abducted their women.

The sources also said that the whole village was destroyed by the hoodlums who were alleged to have killed about 30 men in the siege on the village.

The secretary of the Damboa council, Modu Mustapha who spoke to journalists said he was not authorised to speak on the matter, while effort by Thisday to reach Council chairman, Alamin Mohammed on phone for confirmation proved abortive.

The news outfit also reported that attempts to get security agencies to speak on the incident aldo proved unsuccessful as the mobile telephone lines of their spokesmen were not reachable.

The Boko Haram group has continued attacks on different parts of Northern Nigeria despite an ongoing state of emergency in three north eastern states, Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, hardest hit by the attacks. The sect had on April 14 abducted over 200 schoolgirls from Government Secondary School, Chibok. The girls remain missing more than 60 days after their abduction, foreign aids notwithstanding.

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here