The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world’s most valuable brand, our Company’s portfolio features 15 billion dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world’s largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of 1.7 billion servings a day.
This position resides at the CEWA Business Unit level and has the following main purpose of :
- Supporting the Technical Department in general and the BU Supplier Manager specifically in implementing a Strong and effective KORE Governance across the BU Ingredients & Packaging Suppliers in order to protect our brands and build sustainability.
- Using all available Quality data, metrics performance, process assessments, risk evaluation, etc. to track system performance for all Suppliers activities, drive risk out of the system; achieve and exceed the BU Goals.
- Driving Business Continuity by ensuring that the approved Suppliers have required tested and authorized ingredients and materials available, on time and in line with the Business plan quantities.
- Developing and proposing to the BU Supplier Manager; programs and tools necessary to drive Suppliers compliance to KORE, Company Policies and local regulations.
- Keeping CEWA Stewardship dashboard up to date in relation to suppliers authorization status and proactively flag potential supply risks
- Ensure that all ingredients are tested in line with KORE/CEWA requirements
- Ensure follow up with FTM’s, QSE and Bottler management in cases of risks and out of specification situations
- Ensure PICASSO database is updated and available to CEWABU Technical, Procurement as well as Bottlers
Suppliers Authorizations – 40%
- Preparation, tracking, communication, updating of annual Ingredients (Sugar, CO2, Local Juices, Nitrogen, Coffee, Dairy, tea etc ) audit schedule in the SharePoint
- Audit preparation, conducting of Ingredient Suppliers audit and reporting as guided by KORE.
- Following up for corrective actions arising from the audits and scheduling for follow up audits as required.
- Collaborating with TCCC appointed third party agents in Preparation, tracking, communication, updating of annual Ingredients and Packaging SGP audit schedule
- Tracking of Suppliers (Ingredients & Packaging SGP status and working with appointed third party agents & Suppliers for corrective action.
- Conduct Annual Supplier Risk Evaluation
Ingredient Analysis – 15%
- Collaborating with Franchise QSE Managers to ensure bottlers who make own CO2 and all external suppliers submit samples to a TCCC approved laboratory for analysis as mandated in KORE.
- Tracking of Ingredient (Sugar, CO2, Juices, Nitrogen, Coffee) samples submitted for analysis, and reporting the status for corrective action to be taken.
- Where required release ingredients for use by KO plants based on the analytical report results
Global Food Safety Initiatives – 15%
- Collaborate with Suppliers, certification bodies and technical associates to drive suppliers GFSI compliance
- Tracking of Suppliers (Ingredients & Packaging Suppliers GFSI status and working with certification bodies to ensure compliance.
Communication & Data Management – 20%
- Manage PICASSO data upload, Facilities and Sourcing Approvals authorization. Maintain PICASSO Ingredients, Supplier Recordkeeping database, SharePoint, etc.) to ensure all required data is loaded on time and is accurate
- Maintain auxiliary materials suppliers’ data. Collaborate with QSE for new materials approval and ensure data is loaded on time and is registered
- Review of Ingredient supplier’s authorization documents and analysis reports for confirmation of the authorization status.
- Disseminate and maintain records of supplier authorization, re-authorization and de-authorization letters. Ensure only authorized suppliers are used, Maintain authorized suppliers current list in Quality website & SharePoint for access by the bottling partners
- Disseminate and maintain records of and ensure all authorized Ingredient suppliers have the current TCCC Requirements & specifications
- Review of BU Supplier Management Technical Bulletins and working documents to ensure their full compliance with the latest KORE requirements
- Handle the frequent requests and queries from TCCC corporate, Group and other entities with regard to Suppliers QEOSH status, data, metrics, etc.
- Updating of Supplier Management reports as requested by BU Technical Leadership team.
New Supplier Development – 5%
- Collaborate with Bottlers, TCCC associate on Identification and Development of new suppliers.
- Ensure KORE is followed during the new supplier’s and material evaluations and approval.
Support Functions – 5%
- Support franchises in troubleshooting and to mitigate QSE and Food Safety risks with our suppliers.
- Assist the BU Supplier Manager in organizing conferences, capability development sessions and other meetings as required
Dissemination of information by this role will span across the Business unit, Group and Corporate offices primarily to drive Compliance and Sustainability.
- Establish communication with bottling plants on IGI results and respective follow up with suppliers
- Support Ingredients suppliers in GFSI/QMS implementation and maintenance
- Dissemination of information to suppliers – will largely be at the Management level to Driving compliances related to the supplier roles.
- Communication of the required Standards as well as the authorization processes, audit reporting and preparation/reviews of CAPS with the Supplier.
- Ensure full compliance of all Picasso CEWA suppliers through Training and Information dissemination
- Support Supplier Manager in establishing CEWA Supplier GFSI Forum driving sustainable complianceANALYSIS:
- Supplier understanding and compliance to KORE.
- Review and monitor ingredient analysis done by suppliers to required frequencies. Address gaps including needs for investment in cases where the ingredients are out of spec.
- Keeping up to date with international Quality & Food Safety Requirements and ensuring this is communicated to suppliers
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
Input into ABP. This will be skewed towards investments required and flagging of potential supply shortages across the BU
- Approving new suppliers and/or new Ingredients for example : local juices, Dairy etc
- Approving innovative axillary materials eg cleaning additives, water treatment chemicals etc in line with the Corporate Authorization processes.
- Acquire expertise knowledge in relation to farming and processing of locally grown ingredients
- Self- proficiency continuous improvement
Coordination of work assignments through suppliers, vendors and cross functional teams eg Suppliers Meeting, Internal Meetings,
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS: Leader of Self
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- KORE: Knowledge and application of policies, principles and standards of KORE in order to ensure consistent quality, protect the Company’s trademarks, promote customer and consumer satisfaction and respond to changing business needs
- Ingredients & Auxiliary Materials: Knowledge of ingredients and auxiliary materials used in beverage manufacturing.
- Quality Assurance Principles: Identifies and clearly articulates the processes and quality control and assurance activities needed in the manufacturing of beverages as used in The Coca-Cola Company.
- General Scientific Principles: Understands basic chemistry and microbiology as it relates to the production of carbonated and non-carbonated beverages.
- Laboratory Testing : Knowledge Ingredient/Auxiliary materials test procedures, measurement devices, reporting methods.
- Supplier Development : Using knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes to influence and guide them in improving and developing their process capability, control and monitoring to ensure consistent delivery against Company standards
- Good Manufacturing Practices: Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices. This includes understanding of Company and regulatory guidelines.
- Problem Analysis/ Problem Solving : Forming an opinion or making a decision through careful testing of assumptions and facts; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Risk Analysis/Management: Knowledge of and ability to manage the risk analysis/management process consisting of four components: Risk Monitoring, Risk Assessment, Risk Management and Risk Communication.
- Basic Packaging: Basic knowledge of Packaging materials and the related production processes.
- Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion (e.g. on time, within budget).
- Food Safety Principles
Required Experience: Minimum 6 years’ experience in the Quality Area in food, chemicals or pharmaceutical industry.
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, engineering or related disciplines with relevant quality management experience.
Conversant with ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and FSSC 22000 standards, Global Markets Food Safety Program and auditing courses.
Proficiency in French is an added advantage.
CULTURAL DIVERSITY: Responsibility and Interaction with: multi-cultural/lingual environment
- Frequent travels in countries facing social, political and economic instability.
- Variable Risk Exposure to Robbery.
- Travel by Air/Road.
- Epidemic risks.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel required: 30% to 40% of time, most requiring overnight stays
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
The closing date for this role will be 23rd June 2014.